Save Me

Stolen moments and little kisses are what I live for. I'll walk around the house and you stop me giving me a small peck. Whether it's on the lips or the cheek or the forehead, your lips on my skin shock my nerves, filling me with delight.

How things change so quickly, like the flick of a switch forcing a room out of darkness, you've forced me out of the dark. You have shown me how normal you are, that you have insecurities and that you don't want to end up alone. But you won't be alone, you'll always have me. I'm not going anywhere, I don't what to be without you. The thought fills me with dread and nausea. I can't imagine waking up with anyone else beside me. I can't imagine a life without you and that terrifies me.

The amount that I've grown to love you scares me to no avail. Everything happened so fast. You broke down like any other person would break, you lost it and in the same breath I lost it too.

How could you have done this to me?

It's only thing that runs through my mind; how? I wanted to hate you, to despise you. I needed to so I could survive here but all I needed was you to survive here.

"What are you thinking?" You whisper, slicing through my thoughts. I look up at you lacing our fingers together with a small smile, wiggling into a more comfortable position against the back of the couch.

"Nothing too important." I giggle as your thumb rubs the back of my hand.

"Oh, that's real promising." You chuckle. "Whatcha planning babe?"

I cock my eyebrow at you. "Babe? I didn't realize we were on that basis."

You bypass the statement altogether, moving quickly to another topic. "I want to show you something." You mutter.

"What?" I crinkle my nose in confusion, you just grin making my stomach flutter, which is a common occurrence now.

"Come on." You stand tugging on my hand, a full on smile displayed on your mouth.

I groan playfully, "fiiiine" following you down the hallway. You halt outside your room and my eyes widen. "I dunno Mikey, it's your room and I don't want to intrude---"

"No please," you mutter twisting the handle with your free hand, "intrude."

I expected a plain room, maybe something a bit sadistic like hacked up bodies or decaying carcasses lying on the floor but it's just, simple. Normal even. A typical boy room with band posters and clothes on the floor and an unmade bed and the stench of cologne and sweat lingering in the air.

"Hey! Your bed is way bigger than mine!" I pout, examining the red and black checkered comforter laying haphazardly on the bed.

"It's not that much bigger!" You counter and I turn, mouth hanging open and this obvious lie.

"Whatever! This is like a queen size bed! Mine's a twin, this isn't even close to fair!" I can't keep the laugh from escaping making my attempt at complaining totally useless.

"You could always just sleep in here from now on." You shrug nonchalantly.

"Oh could I now?" I giggle like a fool, biting my lip and skipping my fingers through my hair. "I might just take you up on that offer, Clifford."

You snicker, glancing around uncomfortably in your own room. "Hey!" You say suddenly making me whip around to face you. "I finally finished that song."

"Oooh, do I get to hear it?" I coo, leaning against your dresser. You nod shyly, sitting me on your bed and picking up your guitar. I've wondered where it's been, it hasn't been in the basement or the living room.