twenty-one

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
• IM FINE BUT IM NOT •

"psst." finn taps millie on the shoulder as he passes her table in the cafeteria.

she hums as he leans down to her ear, "he looks like he's going to come attack you with a knife." he tilts his head up in a quick movement.

"huh?" she looks up and then sees joseph glaring at her from across the room.

"good thing you brought your cane." finn laughs quietly as she rolls her eyes, "i bring it all the time now."

"yes, i've noticed. well, hope you fight." he grins as she shoves him lightly, "shut up, i might not."

"yeah, and why's that?" he asks.

"i don't know, you tell me." she smirks.

he raises and eyebrow and exhales. "okay." he sits down next to her, "because you'll lose."

"you dick! of course i'll win!" she exclaims as he laughs, "uh, no you won't. who's the one who walked down the halls like a prisoner all fucking bloody?"

"yes but who ended up in the hospital?" she tests him, "the opponent." he answers.

she nods, "see, I WIN!"

"no, you didn't fucking win because guess where you ended up? the office, that's right." he nods.

"oh fuck you!" she kicks him in the shin as he groans.

"uh-hum." someone loudly clears their throat making them both look up.

"hey, i was just about to go over." finn smiles.

"yeah, no you weren't."

"noah, shut the fuck up, i was." finn raises an eyebrow.

"yeah, no you weren't." millie shakes her head.

"hi, i'm noah." he waves.

"millie." she replies.

"i know." he sits down next to finn, "and who the fuck invited you?" finn asks.

"who the fuck invited you!?"

"millie." he points.

"yeah, the fuck not." she laughs.

"see!" noah exclaims with a chuckle.

"bitch, the fuck you leave us for? you two mother fucking dumbass hoes." someone else sits down along with two other people.

"mumsy!" millie exclaims, "how is mumsy today?"

"do you guys..." finn trails off.

"no." they both say in unison.

he furrows his eyebrows but shrugs.

"so you're sitting with us now?" leo asks them.

"well their asses are in the mother fucking chair, the hell do you think, leo?" millie asks.