Thirty Four.

April 25th, 2016.

NIALL'S POV
I wake up to the never-ending sound of engines and horns. As much as I missed New York, I didn't miss this. I stretch my arms and my legs out and accidentally hit Blair in the face. "Ugh," she groans, still half-asleep. "I'm sorry," I whisper as she rolls back over. I move closer to her and wrap my arms around her waist. I brush her tangled hair out of the way as she turns around to face me. "Good morning," she barely manages to get out. "Good morning, sunshine," I place a kiss on her cheek as she lightly smiles. I lay there for a moment more before I make my way into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

We've decided to spend one more day in the city since we didn't have anything obligations back home. Tonight, I'm taking her to the top of the Empire State building because she always said she wanted to see the city from above. She won't know until we're there, but I know she's going to be over the moon about being there. Other than that, I don't really have anything else big planned for today. We're going to have a fun, casual day in the city that's full of shopping and eating—two of our favorite things.

I quickly run a shower and cleanse myself. I grab the first two things I see out of my closet and toss them on—I'm pretty much always in black skinny jeans and a white polo shirt. I step out of the bathroom and see her standing in the hallway wearing a pair of wide black pants, white high top converse, and a white short sleeve top.

"All ready to go?" she asks as she slings a leather jacket over her shoulder. "Gorgeous as always," I lay a soft kiss on her lips as her hands slips into mine. "Handsome," she compliments me back as we stroll out of our apartment. "Nice jacket, by the way," I wink at her knowing that she stole it out of my closet. "I know right?" her giggles quickly get flushed out by the honking sea of taxis. We make our way through bustling crowds of busy people and wave down my driver before sliding into the back seat. I'm taking her to Buvette for breakfast, which just happens to be my favorite spot. On the way there we exchange thoughtful morning gazes as we look forward to the day ahead of us.

"This is the best french toast I've ever tasted," she drools with her mouthful. I laugh at her exaggerated facial expressions before agreeing with her. "Now you see why this is the only place I'll eat breakfast at here," I say as I sip my black cold brew.

"So what are we doing today?" she leans towards me, trying to convince me to ruin the surprise. I seal my lips together and pretend to zip them shut. "I'm a man of few words, or none in this case," I chuckle as she furrows her eyebrows. "Why won't you tell me? You know I'll eventually figure it out. It may be New York City but there's only so much you can do that's worth keeping it a secret," she hints at knowing even though she has no clue. "That may be true but if you knew you wouldn't be begging for me to yell you," I shut her up with my sentence as she rolls her eyes. We pile up our plates and tip our server before strolling back out into the noisy streets.

We make our way down Fifth Avenue and slowly eye out all of the stores we want to get to today. After we draw up our plan and route, we navigate our way through the crowds. Despite being surrounded by tons of high-end stores, we stray away from them and make our way into Urban Outfitters. After about 20 minutes of Blair convincing me to buy clothes in colors that didn't consist of black and white, I finally gave in. "You're going to look so good in this purple," she holds up a pair of purple trousers and folds them over her arms. Minutes turn into hours and I find myself going home with a new wardrobe.

"If you don't like anything tell me," she shoots me a serious look. "I'm just trying to help broaden your options here." I nod my head and smile. "I don't know how you convinced me to buy stuff in color but I'm impressed," I say as she chuckles. "Have fun actually getting me to wear any of this though," I sarcastically say as we continue to make our way down the bustling avenue.