Chapter Three

Dixie's Pov:

After getting out of the shower I quickly got dressed and curled my hair into light waves. I don't usually put on makeup but today I put on light highlighter to give me a little more glow.

Charli knocked on my door and came in without me even telling her she could.

"What do you want?" I asked her in an annoyed voice.

"I just wanted to talk to you in private. Before you leave." She said sounding disappointed that I didn't want to talk to her.

"Charli it's not like I'm leaving in 20 minutes you can talk to me later. Right now I want to get ready in peace because you, mom, and dad are going to be annoying me all day." I told her harshly.

"Okay. I'm sorry for annoying you." She said as she left my room quietly.

I honestly didn't feel bad at all. Not for kicking her out but for what I had said. Her and our parent were going to be annoying me shouting small comments at me like: "Have good posture!" and "Smile!" or "Sit pretty, act more like a lady."

I wouldn't be surprised if my parents only gave me light meals so I wouldn't look "bloated". Like that's not gonna happen anyways, it's a human body.

I needed to take a minute to mentally prepare for all of the torture of today. It was my birthday for crying out loud. I was supposed to be happy but no. Maybe when I move to my new husbands house I would get to be happy for a little bit.

After an hour of procrastinating, my mom came back to my room to get me and Charli to go dress shopping. We got in the car and my mother told the driver where to go while I stared out the window. At least the weather was good.

We got to the shop and the sellers immediately came to our side, serving us lemon water and macaroons. I quickly glanced at m my mother to make sure I could have one and she nodded her head. I only took one so Charli took my second one.

My mom must've felt guilty for giving me away or maybe it was because my father wasn't here to tell her no. It could just be that it was my birthday but I was still thankful that she let me have some sort of happiness.

Charli quickly bounced over to the dress in the front window, whining to my mom that she wanted that one while I just stood next to her quietly.

"Charli I think we should let Dixie pick the best dress herself so she can impress her fiancé." She said while glancing over at me quickly.

"Yeah I guess you're right." She responded while calming down.

Instead she walked over to a flowy pastel pink dress that had flowers all around the bottom of it. i thought it was pretty and would match her personality well.

While she was talking to my mother about the dress I went and wandered round the shop looking at all the potential dresses that I could pick.

I stopped at a beautiful black dress that had a ball gown look to it. There was a gorgeous sliver belt around the waist and an open back. It was also strapless. I suddenly heard my mother's and Charli's voice behind me.

"This one is gorgeous!" My mom said with excitement filling her voice.

"Yeah you should totally get this one Dix!" Charli said. She used the nickname that I hadn't heard since we were little kids.

"Yeah... I think I will." I said looking back at them with a small smile.

As we all smiled at each other, the sales lady came over to ask if I had made my final decision. I told her yes and she then brought me and Char over to the fitting room section so we could try them on and get them fitted to our right size.

My mom came into the fitting room to make sure I was doing everything right and it looked like she was about to cry.

"Mom why are you crying?" I asked her with a concerned look.

"Nothing this just looks almost like a wedding dress and I feel like my little girl is growing up just so fast." She said wiping her eyes.

"Well I'm being forced to but yeah I guess I am growing up." I told her trying to not sound to rude.

She gave me a sad smile as she helped me zip up the back of the dress. After she made sure everything was in the right spot, we walked out of the small room to see Charli on the stand with the sales lady helping her clip the parts of the dress that needed to be altered.

They both stopped what they were doing and looked at me, they're jaws dropping.

"Dixie you look gorgeous." Charli said while giving me a large smile.

"Thank you!" I said smiling back at her.

I got up on another stand and the sales lady that was helping me came over to help me pin away the unwanted material. We finished quicker than Charli did cause my dress was smaller and fit me better.

After getting our dresses picked out and sized, my mom payed for the dresses and the sales ladies told us to come back at six o'clock to pick up the completed dresses. We then left the shop and got back into the car to go home. Or so we thought.

"Today I'm going to take you guys to a jewelry shop so we can pick out some special accessories. Your father decided to let me treat you guys since Dixie will be going away." My mom told Charli and I while giving the driver a piece of paper that had directions on it.

"Really mom?! That's great!" Charli said excitedly.

I just gave my mom a small smile and looked out the window. We arrived at the jewelry shop shortly and got out of the car. It was a small hole in the wall shop but it still had a very elegant look to it.

We went inside and there was an older lady sitting behind a counter, shining some rings. We walked over to her and she looked up with a smile.

"Why hello there. How can I help you three beautiful ladies today?" She asked in a sweet voice.

"Hello! We have a grand birthday ball for this young lady right here and we are looking for some nice accessories!" My mom said while putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Oh yes that sounds wonderful. I think you would fit a nice tiara and necklace set." She told me while studying my face.

She came out from behind the counter and walked across the shop to a clear shelf case that held simple tiaras and earring sets. She grabbed a small tiara that was silver and had small diamonds that wrapped around the front of it. The necklace had diamonds that gradually got larger the closer they were to the front.

I absolutely loved the look of it and thought it would go with my dress nicely. The things that I had for tonight were nice and not to flashy but I knew they would make me look good and complement all of my features. She gave me the set and I had a decent smile. My mom was looking at me finally in happiness.

The rest of the time we were at the shop I was just looking around at small things and waiting for Charli to finish picking out her jewelry.

Once we were paying for the jewels a very handsome man came into the shop. He looked at me and we held eye contact for a few seconds before he looked away. He walked over to the engagement rings section so I took a hint and looked back over to the purchase my mom was making.

It's not like I could even look at other men anyways. I already had my life planed out for me with no say from me.