Chapter Eight

Dixie's Pov:

The next morning I was dreading getting up to tell my mom what Noah wants to do about the wedding. I knew it would break her as it's always been her dream to plan her daughters wedding and as me being her first, that makes the situation ten time worse.

I also wanted to stay in bed to think more about last night and how Noah kissed me. I've had a few kisses from guys but none of them could even compare to Noah's. He was defiantly more experienced and knew what he wanted out of that kiss.

As I got up, I heard a knock on my door and then my mom came in with stacks of magazines and binders in her arms before she set them down on my bed.

"I'm glad you're up, we have a wedding to plan and only a few months to do it." She said while starting to open them all to marked pages.

"Mom, about that-" I started before she cut me off.

"No Dixie. We don't have time to be lazy and put it off until later cause this is going to take time and we don't have that. I've already spent all of yesterday looking through these books and marking them to pages I think you would like." She said while handing me an open magazine.

"No you don't understand and you're not listening to me. Noah and I decided that we want to do this on our own." I told her exasperatedly.

"What do you mean Dixie. There's no way two people can plan a whole wedding. It's practically impossible." She said with a slight laugh and a confused face.

"We want it to be special for us because it's our wedding day so we are going to do it ourselves with the help of decorators and things for the actual day. All I need you to do is show up the day of." I tell her while tossing the book back on my bed.

"Well are you sure this is what you want. This isn't just Noah right?" She asked while putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Yes mom I promise." I tell her while closing my eyes.

"Okay." She said and I could hear her voice falter slightly signaling that she had started crying.

"Mom don't cry you still have Char to plan for. You Can keep all of these for her and then you'll be even more prepared for her wedding." I told her after bringing her in for a hug.

"That's true but I want you to keep some of them to look through." She told me, turning to pick out a couple books.

"Thank you. I'll tell you all of the things I find in here that I like." I tell her as she goes to leave my room.

"Okay Dixie. Make sure to come down for lunch." She tells me, returning to her normal motherly ways.

I nodded my head and walked over to my desk to set down all the things she had put in my hands. I put my hands on my hips and let out a deep sigh when I heard my phone ringing. It was a FaceTime from Noah. He called me last night after I texted him that I had fun.

"Hi. You look cute." He told me as he his phone down on what I'm assuming is his bathroom counter, exposing his naked chest and wet hair.

"Thanks." I said shyly while keeping my eyes locked on his chest. He looked at me with a scowl but continued talking.

"So I found a date for the wedding where it will be raining lightly but the bad part is that it's on September 25th." He tells me as her put moisturizer on his face.