Chapter Thirteen

Dixie's Pov:

We arrived at the restaurant not long after our conversation and got out to see Noah's mother and siblings arriving at the same time. We started walking towards each other to meet in the middle where we all exchanged hugs and handshakes.

"Hello you must be Dixie?" His mom asked excitedly.

"Yes that's me." I tell her as I give her a hug.

"I could tell. Noah talks nonstop about how pretty you are." She says, making me blush.

"Thank you." I say shyly.

"Well let's get going inside so we can enjoy a nice brunch." My mom said while pulling Charli along with her.

We walked inside and a waiter immediately knew who we were and brought us back to private room. We all sat down and were in a comfortable seating arrangement so I was sitting next to Charli and Noah's sister Hailey.

Noah's family was very kind and they all made sure we were comfortable and happy. Noah clearly had a way better childhood than I did.

"So Dixie, how's your relationship with Noah going?" His mom asked me while taking a sip of her mimosa.

"It's good." I say with a smile.

"That's wonderful but please go into more detail. Does he spend time with you, is he kind? I know he can be short tempered sometimes." She asks with a laugh.

"Oh yeah we spend time together every night and I don't think I've experienced his temper yet." I tell her honestly.

"Oh well that's just wonderful. You two seem like you really enjoy being with each other and I'm very happy for you." She says happily.

"We do enjoy each other, but enough about us. Let's get to know each other more." I say as people start coming into the room to serve our food.

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom really quick. Tell mom for me please." I whisper to Charli before standing up.

I exit out of the room and see a bathroom sign in the far right corner. As I walk by a table, I see a man staring at me over a magazine. It gives me the heebie-jeebies so I quickly walk past and to the bathrooms. Before I close the door, I see that the man has gotten up and is now coming over to the bathrooms.

This is great. Just what I need is a strange man following me around. I lock the door and sit down on the toilet. Thank god I brought my purse with me. I decide to text Noah to see if he did anything since my dad would often do this whenever we went out.

Noah-

Noah...

What's wrong babygirl?

There's this weird guy following me around in the restaurant and I wanted to know if it's something to do with you.

Depends. What is he wearing?

I don't know. A dress shirt? That's all I remember.

Was he sitting in a middle table reading a magazine?

Yes.

Okay don't worry about him. He's your body guard. I'll talk to him and tell him to tone it down a bit.

Okay. Thank you.

I love you. Talk to you later. I'm in a meeting with your dad.

Oh sorry I interrupted. I love you too.

After texting Noah, I felt a lot better. Now I knew there wasn't someone trying to kill me because of my father or some shit. I left the bathroom and saw the man waiting in the hallway.