Chapter Eighteen

Dixie's Pov:

After Noah's encouraging words, I felt more ready and I managed to get through the rest of the makeup without screaming at anyone. Last thing to do was the dress so my mom helped me since she didn't have any makeup or jewelry she had to be careful of.

"Oh Dixie. You look wonderful." She said, standing back to look at the full picture.

"Thank you mom." I say, brushing down the sides with my hands.

"Come on! We still need to take pictures!" Charli shouted from behind the curtain.

I giggled as I pushed the curtain out of the way and walked out for everyone to see. They all gave me big smiles as I sat down in the chair once again so I could put my heels on. Even though the heels made me look a few inches taller, I was still going to be shorter than Noah.

"Hey guys." Noah's dad said as he walked in.

He stopped and looked at me for a moment through the mirror. I smile back at him as he comes over to me and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"You look amazing sweetheart." He said as he leaned down to kiss the top of my head.

"Thank you." I said shyly as I was not used to affection from fatherly figures.

"Let's get these pictures taken!" My mom said while pulling out her camera.

My mom had been good at taking pictures for years. It was one of her favorite things to do to get her mind away from my father. She would spend time outside, taking pictures of the plants along with Charli and I while we would run around and chase each other. Thinking about these old memories made me emotional again so I started tearing up.

"Oh no Dixie, honey, is everything okay?" My mom asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Yes I'm okay, just thinking about old memories. I haven't seen your camera in years." I tell her while dabbing my eyes with a tissue.

"Oh yeah." She said while looking at it sadly.

I stand up and move towards the door but am stopped when Charli pulls my hand back.

"Wait! We have to do the wedding traditions of something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue." She exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes, just wanting to go see my husband, and sat back down to receive my gifts.

"Okay I'll go first," my mom said while digging in her bag for something. "Here you go. It's your old baby blanket for your future babies!" She said smiling widely at the piece of tattered fabric.

"You brought that thing everywhere with you up until you were five years old when you thought you lost it. Turns out your dad took it but I made sure to save it for this very reason." She told me while handing over the blanket.

"Thank you so much mom!" I exclaimed as all the memories came flooding back to me.

"Next is me.. I got you this so you always have something to relax you." Charli said while handing me a basket.

It had all sorts of bath salts and self care items. There were even some crystals which she knew I had been collecting since I was seven.

"Charli! Thank you so much, these will be put to good use." I tell her excitedly as I set the basket next to me.

"Now for something borrowed, I am giving you this because I wore it when I got married and I feel that it brought me good luck. You can keep it on for today but make sure to give it back before you leave tonight." Mrs. Beck said, handing me a gold chain.