A Brutal Truth

Kate
I can't believe this happened, he asked Shelby to marry him. Mom told me to stop obsessing over the Grey men and to go out with one of the guys who have been asking me out. How do I tell mom they are just trying to marry up. I want more than that. But I can't find it. Ethan has pretty much decided he wants to marry Mia. He just wants someone who has no intentions marrying him for his name, job and trust fund. She wants him for him. When they showed the ring a tear fell from my eye. I pushed the food around on my plate. Mom was checking on me and trying not to be obvious.
Grace
I knew Kate would take this badly, Elliott had asked about engagement rings and finally told me about his plans to marry Shelby. Enid was trying to console Kate and trying not to be obvious about it. I noticed a tear and betting others did as well.
Shelby
Anastasia and I both noticed the tear in Kates eye when we announced our engagement. Elliott said she had a thing for him and they had sex once when he was drunk after finding his wife in bed with his COO. She hasn't moved on from that apparently. He also thinks Christian was also in her sights but he was an easier target. I am unsure how serious Anastasia and Christian are, but Kate never had a shot with Christian or Elliott in the long run.
Madison
I start talking to Mae Kavanagh and we get talking about the clothes young girls seem to be wearing lately. We chuckle at what women used to wear compared to now. Everyone starts talking about how the world has changed so much.
Theodore
George and I laugh and say we are grateful for all the changes in attire. For men and women. I just make sure not to be obvious about checking the bikini clad bodies out and Enid makes sure she doesn't get caught checking the guys out.
George
They really do check the guys out. As much as we check the women out. We reap the rewards in the end of the day.
Mae
You bet your boots we do. Hey if you guys look we should as well. I mean at the end of the day we go home with you and to you as do you to us.
Grace
I listen to my mom and Mae talking about checking men out. It is funny listening to them and they are right no matter what people do check attractive people out. The conversations continue as we head into the family room to open gifts. A lot of nice gifts were given and a few gag gifts. Elliott, Mia and Christian loves to give gag gifts. Anastasia and her parents laughed at what she got. A huge red pencil for editing. I have no idea where they got that but it writes. Kate was given a huge journal. Mia was given a magnifying glass to find out what job she really wants. Mia got the boys gag gifts too. She bought Elliott a child's tool bench, and Christian a toy unbreakable cell phone to throw instead of the very expensive ones.
Raymond
I have a good feeling about these people, I saw that Kate was upset about the engagement, hope she gets over it by their wedding. Shelby will cure her of her obsession with Elliott. Taylor and his wife Gail are good people they are like family and work for Christian. I have noticed that Anastasia and Christian haven't been far from one another since he arrived.
Ethan
Kate needs to move on and get a new guy. Mia and I are doing well right now. We exchange gifts and head home. My parents are hoping me or Kate finally settle down, me especially. I am about Christians age Elliott has already been married and divorced.
The next morning
Elliott
A pounding at my door awakens Shelby and she and I flip a coin on answering the door. Standing at the door is a woman with a crying child. I am stunned to see Leila Williams standing there holding a small boy who looks very familiar. I made a huge mistake and dated her after I had sex with Kate. She kind of cornered me in a bar and two weeks later I ended it. So the little boy could easily be ,y son as she keeps telling me. Why she chose to wait this long to inform me is beyond me.
Shelby asked her the same question.
After the engagement announcement Kate disappears and arrives later and she has what looks like a smirk on her face. My sister is up to something.
Kate
I found out a friend of mine had gotten pregnant while dating Elliott just after he and I had sex. They saw each other for two weeks when he decided to end it and finally get his divorce and life straightened out. So after finding out he was engaged I called and told her she needed to tell Elliott about the boy. Mathew Elliott Williams. The time frame is right.
Leila
I was surprised to get a call from Kate Kavanagh of all people. She only called when she wanted you to do something for her or with her and after that she didn't know you until she again needed something. I decided to ignore her calls. After my baby was born she came by the hospital and checked the baby out. There is no doubt she was scheming. She asked about the paternity and I refused to tell her because she had a huge thing for Elliott and I didn't trust her to know he was Elliotts baby.
Shelby
I am looking a young boy crying in his mommas arms and we allow her into our home. I go get the baby some juice and the mother as well. He calms down and I notice that something is not right with him. I dial Grace and ask her and Carrick to come to Elliotts.
Grace
I have been awake for a while and Shelby calls me about a woman and child that needs medical attention and right away. She tells me that the young lady says the baby is Elliotts. Both looks malnourished. She has given the juice and then cooked them food. I grab some of the extra clothing for small children that we bought as Christmas gifts that we had to get extra since we got new patients. I tell Carrick we have an issue at Elliotts and I might have to order DNA tests and he needs to bring papers to gain custody of a small child temporarily.
Carrick
I have no idea what is going on, but Grace is bringing her medical bag and clothing for a young male child from the clothing we bought for the needy children at the hospital.