Mysterious murder??

It took me awhile to fall asleep that night. I was scared of what stasia might do with the photos in her phone. What if she posted it all over the media or made posters? I would then really be the laughing stock. By the time it was 1 in the morning I had finally gotten some shuteye. The weekend passed and I didn't notice a difference with any of the other students. No posters and no media posts. I felt relieved. Since the night of our argument though I hadn't seen stasia. I brushed it off quickly thinking that maybe I had just scared her enough to finally leave me alone.

Serves that bitch right.

When Monday finally came along everyone in class was acting on edge. I thought maybe it was due to the storm coming our way because it was tornado season. Plus we lived in the middle of the west so it wasn't a surprise to hear a tornado siren all of the time.

I saw max come through the class door and he immediately walked up to my seat and sat down.

"Hey did you hear the rumor going around?" I looked at him confused.

"What rumor?"

Max eyeballed me for a moment then took in a jagged breath. "supposedly a nearby passer came across Stasia's body by the wooded area."

I didn't think much about it. Maybe she was trying to find the trail close to the campus.

"Okay? What about it?"

Max seemed uneasy. It was starting to concern me. As he was about to speak our professor walked through the door.

"Okay class! You all are taking a day off! There are two investigators here who would like to speak with you all so if you could grab all of your belongings and head to your dorms everything will be explained later!"

Max and I looked at each other and I knew right away that whatever he had been about to say it wasn't good.

Max and I walked together to our dorms and I just couldn't help but ask.

"So, what did you hear?"

Max slowed down and brushed his hair back with his fingers. "long story short they found stasia around a wooded area dismembered and she looked like she was half eaten.."

I immediately felt bile build up in my throat it was hard to speak. Even though stasia and I had problems with each other I never expected for this to happen. It couldn't have been a ritual of mine because I don't do evil ones. Maybe it was just a random murder? I couldn't wrap my head around it. I looked at max with a concerned looked on my face.

"What if it's someone on campus?"

Max had the same look of fear on his face before another professor came out telling us to get to our dorms immediately.

What is happening? Is this real?

488 words