xiii

"I don't- I don't think I can meet up today, Fluke. I feel- I'm not feeling too well." I weakly told my manager as I sneezed to the lousy tissue paper that I have, another unattractive-sounding sneeze making through my lips for the hundredth time this morning.

'Dude, it's alright. Take a few days off and I'll meet you when you're feeling better.'

"Thanks, Fluke. Sorry again."

'It's no problem.' My manager chuckled and after a few more reminders and a goodbye, we both hang up.

I don't really know as to what I've done to catch this nasty cold. I mean, I take my vitamins everyday, the house is basically spotless and clean from any type of germs or whatnot so I don't really see the point as to how I caught this stupid thing.

"Hey." Prem's small voice squeaked as he peered through my slightly ajar door, smiling softly and still looking unsure. The past week or so had been weird between us, to be honest. Although I'd like to take half the blame for the obvious tension that built up, I couldn't help but to point a selfish finger at him. If it weren't because of his charming, mysterious, pure and innocent persona, we wouldn't be having this awkward ordeal in the first place.

I sneezed before replying. "Hey." I chuckled dryly, shaking my head as I begged my swollen eyes to stay open. You know the level of sickness where everything just feels so heavy and your eyes are all watery and your nose is nastily running and you just want to dig your own hole and lie down until the light flashes right on front of your own eyes? Yes, that kind of sickness is what I currently have. So saying that I just want to lie down on my own makeshift grave is an understatement - dramatic but true.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he approached the bed slowly, eyeing the crumpled sheets of paper all over my bedroom floor and the bed itself, my laptop sitting on my lap in front of me, as per usual.

"I'm writing the-"

"Yeah, you're working. Still." He said, looking at me as if it were obvious. Why did he asked me in the first place, then?

I laughed weakly, "Same old, same old."

"You shouldn't be working while you're sick." He said in such an authoritative tone, making me smile at him. He's such a cutie and if he thinks that he's intimidating me right now, well, he's so wrong. The sternness just makes him look a lot more adorable - if that's even possible anymore.

"It's just a stupid cold, nothing too drastic." I shrugged my shoulders, typing away on my laptop. Since I made the hasty decision of sending Fluke a very rough draft of my book, I would have to make up for it so when we meet up, I'd be able to give him, at the very least, half of my book polished. Fluke is a very close friend but I don't want to forget about the fact that he is also my manager. I don't want him to think that I am taking advantage of our relationship both as friends and as co-workers.

In my half-functioning state of mind, I was startled when Prem dived in my bed, shutting my laptop off, closing the screen, catching my hands in between. "Um, ouch!" I looked at him as if he's crazy. I mean, he is! Why did he do that?

"I told you you shouldn't be working while sick." He looked at me seriously as he kneel on the bed, towering in front of me with his balled hands resting on his hips. "Also, sorry." A small smile flicked his lips but it soon disappeared.

I laughed at his attempt to look serious and controlling, shaking my head and re-opening my laptop. "I told you it's-"

"Nope." He snatched my laptop from my hands, sticking his tongue out at me as he pushed himself off of my bed, putting my laptop as far away from me as possible.