i

"I don't think you get my point, Ohm. She cheated on me. Period." I emphasized my words, trying to make my younger brother understand the same thing that I've been saying over and over again for the past hour or so.

We are currently in my spacious house since I invited him over. I told him about my problem with Samantha but here he is, still not taking a grasp of what I've been trying to make him understand.

"Boun, what sort of drug have you been hitting? She is and was not your girlfriend." He said, sounding as if he's talking to a toddler, his words clear as day although it's already ten pm.

"Okay. Okay," I said barely above a whisper, my palms clasped together as I tried to compose myself, breathing in through my nose. I've been dealing with my brother for as long as I could remember but somehow, I still get horrible headaches whenever I talk to him. "Alright, maybe we never really made it official but we were close to it!"

"Fuck's sake." He mumbled and went to my kitchen, opening the refrigerator and grabbing two cans of beer. He tossed me a can and luckily, I was able to grab it neatly. I pushed my glasses further up to the bridge of my nose, shaking my head at my brother's sloppy actions.

"You need to get your head fixed. You're crazy." He said.

Sam and I had been very close friends for about two years now. The day I met her in that one particular book signing that I had to attend to, I immediately fell in love. She is just so stunningly gorgeous, her hair the perfect shade of hazel, her skin flawless and the stunningly breath-taking type of pale, her figure perfectly sculpted by the heavens - in layman's term, her entire stature screams perfection. We became close friends, since she claim to be a huge fan of my books. I was so overwhelmed, of course, so I took the friendship as an excuse to be close to her. Yes, we hooked up a couple of times and every single contact was pure magic, no denying that part.

There was just one flaw in our relationship, she doesn't like me the way that I do; she sees me more as a brother or some sort of bull crap like that.

I found out when I saw her in a music store with this guy that I'm unfamiliar with, his hair neatly kept and styled and his clothes well-picked and matched. Again, in layman's term, his entire stature screams perfection - as if he just stepped out from the newest edition of a men's styling magazine; I'm not even exaggerating this part.

"What am I supposed to do now?" I asked, sounding tired as ever as we sat down on the white, plastic chairs near my swimming pool. Yes, I do have a swimming pool attached to my massive and well-furnished house. Not meaning to toot my own horn but one could say that I am, well, wealthy. But hey, all of this is a product of my hard work and love for writing. Although I've kind of been lacking inspiration in that department for the past months or so. Anyways, seeing as I've always been happy and contented with what I have, it seems like the only thing that's missing in my life is my partner. I was hoping that it would have been Samantha, though. I guess I was just wrong.

"You have to stop sulking over one particular person. Seriously, when was the last time you actually got out of this house and mingled with actual people rather than your computer or your scratch papers?" He asked, his voice evident with both motivation and exasperation. For a younger sibling, he sure do sound like our parents, combined.

I thought for it for a moment, actually digging through my brain for the last time that I went out just for the sake of having fun and socializing. "Um, I don't remember." I mumbled, shaking my head, making Ohm pinch the bridge of his nose.

"You have to do something fun! Quit being such a nerd for a second, will' ya?"

"Hey! I'm not a nerd."