SEVENTEEN

Even more time had passed and it was close to Evelyn's due date. Thor and the Warriors Three had been helping Loki prepare. He was becoming more agitated the closer Evelyn was to giving birth. No matter how healthy Evelyn was at the moment, there was still that terrifying risk.

Loki had been spending more time at the palace to be by Evelyn's side. Thor had been working with Fandral as his right hand man in the meantime. Sif had also been assigned Evelyn's personal bodyguard. Thor had insisted that Thyra and Erik stay at the palace until the baby was born.

One evening after having a feast with Thor and the others, Loki and Evelyn were cuddled up together in bed.

"Are you warm enough?" Loki said still wide awake. Evelyn was just starting to drift off so hummed in response making Loki chuckle.

"Do you think we're ready?" Loki whispered. Evelyn fluttered her eyes open and sat up to look at him underneath her.

"Loki, I think we're more than ready." She leant down to kiss him. "And you certainly don't give yourself enough credit. You are going to be a wonderful father, never doubt that."

"And you will be the most perfect mother for our child." Loki brushed a strand behind her ear before cupping her face in his hand. "I couldn't of asked to be with anyone more kind and beautiful."

"I love you, Loki."

"And I love you, my darling."