Chapter 2

Hey loves! So...not much to say here so uh here's chapter 2 and I hope you enjoy! Um...dedicated to AnneStar for commenting on the last chapter saying she loved it!

Josh -------------------------------->

*Juliet's POV*

Sometimes I find myself comparing Derrick and…Josh. Like Josh always did whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted but Derrick sometimes bickers with me and makes me get it myself. I didn’t want to compare Derrick and Josh but it always just happened. Sometimes I’d just stare at Derrick doing something and just think about what Josh would be doing. Something I’d always had trouble with was Derrick waking up before me. Josh stayed up into the early hours of the morning, because of his insomnia, and slept till 9:30 whereas Derrick woke up at 6:30 and left me to sleep till 8. I liked getting up and being able to make coffee and think about life but with Derrick I couldn’t.

A knock at the door to my music room distracted me from my thinking. The doorknob slowly turned open and Derrick poked his head in.

“When did you get up?” Derrick asked. I looked over at the clock.

“About an hour ago…I wasn’t sure if you’d gone out so I just came in here,” I replied.

“You sure were quiet, I went to check on you and you weren’t there. But hey we should go sightseeing or something! I’d love to go to Stanley Park or something!” Derrick smiled brightly.

“Yeah, but I’m driving so we don’t get lost! Let me get changed and put makeup on then we can go,” I got up and gave Derrick a kiss on his cheek.

“You don’t need makeup!” Derrick called as I walked down the short hallway to our bedroom. I chuckled, he always said I didn’t need makeup or anything because I was already perfect but he was sadly mistaken. I stepped into our bathroom and grabbed my makeup bag from my toiletries bag. I quickly brushed on some foundation, then mascara, then a light brown eye shadow and finally a little bit of eyeliner. I took my hair down from its messy bun and shook it out. My hair fell into waves around my face. I ran my hairbrush through it a couple times then let it be. I brushed my teeth and spritzed on some perfume.

“Hey you ready?” Derrick asked.

“Let me get changed then we can go,” I said. Derrick nodded and left the room. I shuffled through my clothes in my suitcase. That was the only thing not unpacked from yesterday or earlier in the week. I pulled out a shirt and a sweater I hadn’t worn in a long time. Actually the sweater wasn’t even mine; I’d taken it with me when I left 5 years ago along with a picture I’d lost. Those were the only things I’d taken of Josh’s with me. I put the sweater on, basking in the comfort of it. I wedged my hands into the pockets and my hand found a piece of paper. I pulled it out and almost began to sob. I thought I’d lost it. It was the picture I’d taken with me. It was the very first picture Josh and I had taken together. It was my 15th birthday and we were in my backyard.

*Flashback*

10 years ago…

“Your mom wants a picture of us,” Josh murmured in my ear. I squealed and giggled. He always surprised me like that. I turned around and locked my arms around his neck.

“I hate pictures,” I said.

“Just one? For me? We’ve never taken a picture together before!” I smiled up at him. He was perfect.  My parents didn’t think so at first but they’d been warming up to him lately. They just didn’t like the idea of their little girl dating someone 2 years older than her.

“I guess so…”

“Yes! You’re amazing Jules!” Josh leaned down and kissed me. I was slightly embarrassed, all my friends and family were right there with us.