Epilogue

ugh sobsobsob because this story is over after this ugh. oh this is kinda short btw

Katie and Ethan -------------------------------->

*Third Person's POV*

“Mommy! Someone’s at the door!” The small, blue eyed, dirty blonde haired child yelled. The young woman looked up at her daughter and frowned. It was hers and Josh’s anniversary today and she had thought they were spending it as a family.

“Who’s at the door Kaitlyn?” She asked her daughter. The little girl blinked her eyes that resembled her fathers and shrugged.

“I dunno”

“Is it Uncle Matt?”

“No! Some man said he wants to talk to you”

“Well where’s daddy?”

“With Uncle Matt,” It was a quick reply, as if she’d been told to say that if asked about her father’s whereabouts. Josh hadn’t mentioned going out with Matt today, it was their anniversary after all.

“Ok…” The small girl tugged on her mother’s hand to get her to go downstairs.

“Come on mommy!” The woman laughed and followed her daughter down the stairs and to the door.

“Juliet Ramsay?” The man at the door said. Juliet was surprised to see a cop standing at her door.

“That’s me”

“I’m going to have to ask you to come with me,” The man said motioning to the cop car stationed behind him.

“What? Why?”

“Please ma’am”

“What about my daughter and son? Their father isn’t home at the moment”

“Is there anyone you can call ma’am?”

“I can call their aunt,” Juliet said. The cop nodded and let Juliet run to call Sara.

“Hello?”

“Can you come look after the kids for a bit? Josh isn’t home and there’s a cop at the door saying he needs to me to go with him”

“Are you in some kind of trouble Jules?”

“Not that I know of…I mean I haven’t done anything illegal…”

“I’ll be there in five”

“Thanks Sara,” Juliet told the cop Sara would be there in 5 minutes and sent Katie up to her room. When Sara got there she hugged Juliet and rushed upstairs. Juliet followed the cop to his car and got in the back. What had she done? Was she going to jail? What would happen to Josh and her kids? So many thoughts were running through her head she hadn’t noticed where the cop was taking her or the large amounts of people on the sidewalks and behind the car, following them. It wasn’t until music started playing loudly that she looked up at what was happening. All around the car were people dancing to Raise Your Glass by P!nk and the car had come to a stop in the middle of the road. As the chorus started she watched as the large crowd of people had parted down the center to let someone through. She wasn’t sure who it was till he got closer. He was grinning like the Cheshire cat as he walked up to the car, opening the door and helping Juliet out.

“Matt what’s going on?” Juliet asked as he helped her out of the car and closed the door behind her.

“Just wait, you’ll see,” Matt said, still grinning. He began leading her down the street, the crowd of people still dancing all around them. She could see people doing acrobatics and gymnastics throughout the crowd. As her and Matt rounded the corner and the song began to end the beat of a new song started. This one was Teenage Dream by Katy Perry, one of her favorites. The crowd had moved, creating a circle around 6 couples all dancing with each other. Their movements were beautiful and it was clear these people were either very good actors or very in love with each other. At the chorus they stopped and did a little routine with the rest of the crowd then went back to their waltzing. She looked up at Matt and grinned. When the song was almost done Matt stopped her.