Chapter 4

Wow Fridays come so quickly nowadays! But anyways I'm apologizing early for the shitty ending! I didn't know how to end it so I just kinda ended it like that...Sorry! Song for this chapter is Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood, link is on the side! Also I don't remember if I proofread this or not so if theres typos I apologize!

Matt ---------------------------------------->

*Juliet's POV*

The next morning I awoke to voices coming from the kitchen. Crawling out of bed I wandered into the kitchen and stopped dead in my tracks. There sat Derrick drinking his morning coffee with…Josh?! I cleared my throat and both men stopped talking and looked at me. I tugged at the edge of the shirt of Derrick’s shirt, desperately trying to make it longer. Derrick didn’t notice my awkward nervousness and stood up coming over to me and kissing my nose.

“Good morning darling,” Derrick said. “You remember Josh right?” How could I forget him?

“Yes, hi Josh,” I said.

“Hi,” Josh said.

“I went through your contacts and invited Josh over. Hope you don’t mind,” Derrick said.

“Not at all,” I replied with a fake smile plastered on my face.

“We were just talking about our careers. Josh is in that band um…” Derrick looked to Josh for help.

“Marianas Trench” Josh said.

“Right! Josh is the lead singer of Marianas Trench. Y’know the band I really like?” Yeah, I do know.

“Wow! Really?” I said trying to sound genuinely interested.

“Yeah we just released our newest single, Desperate Measures, and then we’re going on tour for our album Ever After,” Josh smiled.

“What’s the tour called? Or do you not have a name for it?” I asked.

“We’re thinking of calling it Face The Music because our last tour was called Ever After so that’s kinda out,” Josh scratched the back of his head nervously.

“Well, uh, I think I’m going gunna get dressed now…” I turned and walked into mine and Derrick’s bedroom. Maybe I could get out of here till he leaves…

*Josh’s POV*

I wasn’t kidding when I said I’d do anything to get Juliet back cause here I was having coffee with her fiancé. Albeit he contacted me first I still agreed to it. All I could think of while pretending to listen to him drone on and on about all the fantastic places him and Jules have lived in the past 4 years was Juliet was just down the hall asleep. What was she wearing? She’d always worn my shirts to sleep; did she do the same with Derrick?

“So what do you do for a living Josh?” Derrick asked.

“I’m in a band,” I said, sipping my coffee.

“What band?”

“Marianas Trench,” I couldn’t help but notice how much this reminded me of when I’d had coffee with Juliet’s dad when we first started dating. I didn’t even like coffee at the time.

*Flashback*

11 years ago…

“So Josh, what are you planning on doing with your life after high school?” Juliet’s dad asked. To be honest he kind of scared me. He’d told me to call him Mr. Sharp; I didn’t even know his first name.

“Well I’m in a band with my best friend and a couple other people…I like to sing,” I said, hoping it was an acceptable answer.

“So you want to be a musician?”