𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐇𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐞𝐣𝐢(𝐾𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝐴𝑔𝑒: 15 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑜𝑙𝑑)

𝐇𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐞𝐣𝐢
(𝐾𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝐴𝑔𝑒: 15 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑜𝑙𝑑)

I saw a few large boxes outside the door as I got home. My eyebrows knitted, confused, but I decided to head inside the house. There I saw my eldest brother, Min oppa, in the living room, putting a family picture frame inside a big brown box which was almost already full of a few things. The picture frame where all five of us were seen smiling so widely while looking at the camera. Father, him, Jinnie, me and mom.

"What's going on?" I asked, my voice laced with confusion. Min oppa looked up and saw me. He was about to say something but was cut off.

"Pack your things up, Yeji. We're moving," I heard appa say from my right. He was standing by the end of the stairs and on his right was Luis, our family's attendant, holding a big black suitcase. My eyes widen at the realization of what he had just said. My head whipped to where my eldest brother was and my mouth slightly slacked open as my face showed disbelief. A question was hanging over my face, what the hell?

"I don't understand. W-what is happening? Why are we packing up? Did some-"

"Ji! Please. Just please listen to abeoji, okay?" I heard brother's voice cracked slightly.

"Go now and pack your things," he added. His voice sounded so pained. I bit my lip, trying to stop it from trembling. I tried to think as to how everything came to this and then it clicked as I looked at appa. No words came out of my mouth as realization hit me. I couldn't do anything and simply nodded as I willed myself to go to my room to start packing.

*

Finally done. I zipped my white suitcase close and heaved out a long sigh as I looked up at the clock on the wall of my bedroom. 7:23 p.m. Well, that took at least 2 hours. I grabbed my phone by the bedside table and sat at the edge of my bed, feeling physically tired and mentally drained. I looked at the screen of my phone and saw a few message notifications from my best friend, Lee Felix.

Felix (Thu, 6:13 p.m.): Have you told him?

Felix (Thu, 6:46 p.m.): How'd it go?

Felix (Thu, 7:08 p.m.): You're not replying. You okay? :(

I bit my lip as I felt my chest constrict from the pain. Memories of what happened this early afternoon flashed in my mind and I had to shut my eyes, willing the memory to go away.

Knock knock.

I looked up and saw Min oppa standing by the door frame while looking at me with a small apologetic smile and in his left hand was a glass of water. He walked towards me and handed me the glass.

"Thanks," I said and took a few sips of the cold water.

"Our flight's at 2 a.m.," he stated as he looked over the two suitcases that I had packed. I nodded.

"Where are we going?" I asked, my voice small.

"States."

I nodded again. I couldn't think of anything to say. This was all too sudden. I could feel a lump forming in my throat as I looked up towards the ceiling to stop the tears in my eyes from escaping. Everything was silent. A minute or two might've passed but none of us spoke. Then, I remembered something.

"What about Jinnie? Is he coming with us too?"

He nodded, "I already booked a flight for him this Monday since he told me that he needed time to process his school papers."

"I see," I pursed my lips. Another silence passed between us.

"We'll come back here, right?" I asked, my eyes pleading as I looked at my brother who was currently sitting beside me with his head facing the floor.

I waited for an answer. But no answer came.

Author's Note:Can't believe I'm really writing this, huh

Author's Note:
Can't believe I'm really writing this, huh. It's been in my drafts for a few months now and I know I just had to give it a try. This update is short, I know. But I kept it short for a reason.

Anyway, putting those aside, I hope you guys are safe and doing well. Please do show this story of mine your love and support <3