십삼 (𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧)

𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧(𝐾𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝐴𝑔𝑒: 20 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑜𝑙𝑑)

𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧
(𝐾𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑛 𝐴𝑔𝑒: 20 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑜𝑙𝑑)

"Min oppa!" Yeji exclaimed. Her face showing a delighted expression as her eyes landed on a figure a few feet from us. She immediately walked towards him leaving Yeonjun hyung and I from where we were standing.

The two broke free from the hug, still talking. It seemed as if the two had their own little world, completely forgetting me and Yeonjun hyung whose face became completely unreadable even for me.

I raised a brow in confusion. I've seen him with this kind of expression only once, it was when we met during senior year high school. I didn't know the whole story about it but I knew that it was of something important.

Ah, right. Minhyun hyung wasn't there when we slept over at Gyu's place so Yeonjun hyung probably doesn't know that the two who are busily exchanging words in front of us are siblings. "Hyung, you okay?" I asked the tall lad beside me. He only nodded in response, his eyes still fixated on the two individuals who were animatedly talking with each other, and didn't say anything further.

Yeji immediately went to us as soon as they were done. She was wearing a sheepish smile as she looked at us. "Thanks for the offer a while ago. But, umm, Min oppa's taking me home. So..." she trailed off. I mean, I would too if I'd be facing a very expressionless look from the eldest.

I cleared my throat and tried to break the awkward atmosphere, "It's okay, Yeji-ssi. Go home now, we'll see you tomorrow." She smiled at me, looking grateful, and immediately went to Minhyun hyung. We briefly made eye contact and I gave a small nod to which he returned.

I've met Minhyun hyung once during our family's gathering a year ago. My dad invited them — him and Uncle Jinho. I knew from then on that they were Gyu's new family. They were quite nice people and were very polite. I did asked where Gyu was at that time and they answered me saying that he was still in the States.

I gently tapped Yeonjun hyung's back twice, "Hyung, I'm hungry. Let's go home?" Knowing that there was a ticking timed bomb beside me, I didn't speak after that. The fifteen minutes car ride felt like a whole hour. Even though the silent treatment wasn't directed at me, it was still very suffocating that I would've preferred a whole hour of Gyu's teasing over just a few minutes of Yeonjun hyung's cold shoulder.

As soon as we got inside the penthouse, Yeonjun hyung immediately went to his room without saying anything. "What's wrong with him?" Taehyun asked as I sat beside him and Kai on the leathered sofa. Both were playing Call of Duty on PS5 when Yeonjun hyung and I arrived. Kai must've beg this squirrel to play with him.

I shrugged, deciding to just keep quiet. I didn't really have any idea as to why he became like that all of a sudden. "Hyung, you seriously suck at this," Kai commented as the overall scores were displayed on the screen. I laughed hearing Taehyun grumbling a few unattractive words as soon as he saw his character's ranking. Oh boy, suck is an understatement.