육 (𝐬𝐢𝐱)

𝐇𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐞𝐣𝐢

𝐇𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐞𝐣𝐢

Fidgeting in the chair while waiting, I looked across from where I was sitting and saw a woman behind her desk who's hastily typing something on her computer. There was a huge digital clock hanging on the wall just above from where she was seated. 9:39 am, it read.

Since it's the first day of the new semester, I had to wake up extra early today and come to school a few minutes before the offices open. I needed to enroll since I wasn't able to enroll on the set date that the university had announced. It's a good thing I came extra early because there were quite a few students like me who haven't enrolled yet when I arrived and many more came after around 8 am which is when the offices opened. That is why, it took an hour and a half to almost complete processing my school papers. I only need to receive my class schedule then I would finally be done.

"Miss Hwang Yeji?" I heard my name being called out by the woman who is still sitting across from me, a telephone on one hand. I looked at her, "Yes?"

She gestured for me to go inside the office. I nodded and immediately stood up, not forgetting to grab my things. Finally.

I knocked before entering the office. I saw a man, who seems to be around his fifties, sitting on his office desk in the center of the room and scanning a folder of paper. Noticing my presence, he looked up and motioned for me to sit across from his table to which I quickly complied. I couldn't help my eyes from wandering inside his office and unto the name plate placed on top of his table. So he's our department's dean? And a Choi at that too.

He cleared his throat before speaking, "Miss Hwang?"

I blinked and forced a small smile, "Yes, sir."

The man smiled gently towards my direction, he seemed to have noticed my tensed expression. "There's no need to be so nervous. I just called you over to welcome you in our department," he stated.

"Jinho-ssi called me last night saying both his daughter and youngest son will be continuing their studies here in our university," he continued. Jinho...? Nugu? Oh wait, that's appa's korean name. I got so used to his english name that I almost forgot. I felt so dumb for a minute there.

I nodded, not really knowing what to say. "You know my father?" I asked.

"Oh, he didn't tell you? I'm Beomgyu's uncle," he smiled. My eyes widen slightly in surprise and he only chuckled at my response. "Well, I guess, I'm your uncle now too," he added. I couldn't say anything since I was too surprised and I'm not that good with new people.