십육 (𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧)

𝐇𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐞𝐣𝐢

𝐇𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐞𝐣𝐢

"Say what?!"

Distancing my phone a few inches away from my ear, I took a deep breath before speaking again unto the receiver. "I said, can I just stay at Soobin's place? I don't really wanna go back to the old mansion. Plus, you know I hate waking up very early in the morning," I said.

"Isn't that the same place where all his friends are staying as well? I don't like the idea of you living with a bunch of men under the same roof, Ji," Jinnie stressed out.

I sighed, "I know but Beomie's staying there. As well as Soobin."

"And it's not like I don't trust you or Beomgyu or even Soobin. It's just that, you'll be living in the same place as other people whom you're not close with, whom you're not familiar with exactly. They're people we're not accustomed with. It's them that I don't trust," I could hear Jinnie sighing at the other end of the line.

"But, Jinnie, you know how much I hate waking up early. I'd rather stay back here in the condo than go back to the old mansion. And if that were to happen, wouldn't it be better for me to stay with Beomie? At least, I wouldn't be alone," I tried to come up with a plausible reason and hoped that this would actually work. Well, it sounded valid as I was thinking about it in my head.

Another sigh.

"Have you told Min-hyung about this?" Jinnie asked a question I hadn't expected. I cleared my throat and tried to smile a small one even when my twin wouldn't see it, "Actually, I was hoping you'd help me with that?" My voice sounded sheepish than I had intended. I hope he didn't notice that though.

"Gah, you're lucky you're my sister. I would never sacrifice my life over something that doesn't even involve me." I hear him sighing again on the other end of the line, something he's been doing a lot over this small phone call.

"I'll speak to him for you, but don't expect much, okay?"

"I'll bring home your favorite cake!" I said, my voice sounding high as I couldn't hide my excitement.

*

The sound of small wheels being dragged against the marbled tiles almost echoed inside the wide and silent room. "Are these really everything? Just two suitcases?" Beomie asked as soon as he placed the heavy luggages by the door inside my new room.