Chapter Five

As cool and collected Jin liked to play it, Namjoon's phone blew up nonstop with texts, photos, and even random videos from the elder male at all times. Even when he was supposed to be paying attention in class.

Jin

Calculus is so pointless. When am I even going to use any

of this useless information?

Namjoon

On the exam 😊

Jin

Ugh, don't even mention that word 🙄

We have one on Friday and I flunked the last one

BECAUSE MATH IS IMPOSSIBLE

Namjoon

...

Jin

What?

Namjoon

Maybe it might be more possible if you actually

paid attention in class 🤔

Jin

That's a lame argument

Namjoon

True. I'd rather you kept giving me all your attention 😉

Jin

Arrogance isn't attractive Namjoon 👿

Namjoon

I am tho 😜

Aren't I? :(

Jin

Sort of

Ok, fine you are

You'd be more attractive if you agreed to help me

study... 👉🏼👈🏼

Namjoon smiled to himself before sliding his phone away. His chemistry class had concluded and admittedly he had given it as much attention as Jin had his calculus class. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and hurried out of the classroom.

He had a mission today.

After he put his bag and books away, Namjoon hurried to the cafeteria. The line for the food was already long, but it was really the last thing on his mind. He headed straight toward Yoongi, who always managed to be the first in line for food despite having a class on the opposite side of the building.

His best friend now sat at a table along the wall instead of the one they used to share by the window. He had been sitting with two other guys he didn't know well.

Yoongi glanced up, his expression unmovable when he spotted Namjoon. He raised his water bottle to his lips.

"Hey," Namjoon said.

His heart thudded nervously in his chest. Things had never been this tense or awkward between Yoongi. While they had their share of fights, it was never anything this serious. Instead, it was usually an absurd debate gone too far or an overreaction. They never had truly hurt each other before. Until now.