Chapter Twelve

Warm.

Jin had never felt so warm. His eyes blinked open, then shut, then blinked open once more. It was blurry, as if his eyes rejected the notion of seeing anything because they would rather be still asleep right now. 

After a few moment of blinking and struggling, he was finally able to clearly see the fact that he wasn't in his bedroom. Nope, these walls were too bare and too dull. Once he saw the shelf with the journals, he recalled exactly where he was and why he was so warm. 

At some point in the night, Jin had turned onto his side and Namjoon was now hugging him from behind, being the most perfect big spoon. He could feel the younger's firm chest pressed to his back and smiled to himself. Slow inhales and exhales tickled his ear. So this is what waking up to his boyfriend was like. 

Heavenly. 

Perhaps his opinion was greatly biased by the fact Namjoon was in it, but he swore this was the most comfortable mattress in the world. He didn't want to leave this bed. He never would leave this bed.

Well, except he really had to pee. 

Jin's lips pursed at the death grip his boyfriend seemed to have around his waist. How could he be so strong in his sleep? At snail speed, he gently began to attempt to pry Namjoon's hands off of him without awaking the other. It turned out that was the easy part. The impossible aspect was lifting the younger's absurdly heavy arm off of him. His teeth slightly gritted, determined to not have to wake up a peaceful Namjoon so he wouldn't piss himself. 

By some miracle, he got it off of him enough and rolled out of bed. He nearly felt like a burglar with the careful, light steps he made across the floor to the door. There were a few squeaky parts, but luckily his boyfriend seemed to be a pretty heavy sleepier. He soon opened the door and was free. He sighed and made his way to the the bathroom.

After taking care of his business, brushing his teeth, and combing out his hair, Jin went downstairs to rummage through the cupboards. He was determined to make Namjoon the best breakfast of his life, though that was a little difficult. For a rich woman, Mrs. Kim sure skimped on the food. The fridge didn't have anything more than the most bare necessities. Still, he managed to find enough ingredients and the proper equipment to be able to make them some pancakes. 

Soon, he was humming to himself and making a variety of pancakes since he wasn't exactly sure what the younger preferred. A large stack was forming on a plate beside the stovetop. 

"You left me alone in bed," an especially raspy voice said from behind him. 

A knot tightened in his stomach at that. He glanced behind his shoulder to see a very sleep rumpled Namjoon. His hair was sticking up in some spots and his eyes remained heavily hooded. Somehow his shirt seemed to be pressed even harder to his muscles. 

Fuck. 

"Jin?" Namjoon asked, a smirk playing across his lips. 

"Sorry," he responded. "I just wanted to make you a nice breakfast to wake up to."

"It smells amazing," he said. His voice was far too deep for Jin's self control. 

Soon the other wrapped his arms around Jin's waist. Namjoon's body was still so warm from being the beneath the covers. His chin rested on his shoulder. 

"I want a kiss," the younger hummed. 

"Well go brush your teeth then. I'm not kissing you with morning breath, no matter how sexy your voice is right now."

Namjoon laughed. "Fair enough."

It didn't take much longer for far too many pancakes to have been made and the batter be completely used up. His boyfriend reluctantly let go of him to assist with setting the table. Jin smiled proudly at the meal he had assembled before they both sat.