Chapter Nineteen

4 months later...

Summer before senior year had rolled in and now was nearly at its end.

It hadn't been particularly exciting for Namjoon. Instead of vacationing or having fun, he had mostly been focusing on his college applications and building experience that would hopefully get him into one of these universities. 

To be honest, he wasn't entirely sure what he was doing. Music was passion, but realistically he knew those odds weren't in his favor. Who was he to ever make it big in the music industry?

However, when he looked at all his other options, they were so dry, lifeless. He couldn't see himself doing any of it. Despite the fact he hadn't written a song in at least four months, he knew he needed to be somewhere in the middle of it all. He just didn't know how. It was such a risk, but maybe it would be worth it, even if he did fall on his face. 

Somehow, that had led him to being in an extraordinarily long car ride with Yoongi to a destination he refused to disclose. 

"Fine," Namjoon sighed. "I won't ask where we're going, but could I at least know why the hell you're taking me through backroads that look like the kind of place we might get murdered?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "You've been stressed out about applications for months now. I thought we could relax for a day and then you can return to becoming prematurely bald."

"Are you sure that's not you?" he retorted, flicking a strand of his best friend's newly silver hair.

"Fuck you."

"I thought you had Jimin for that."

Yoongi grumbled something under his breath that was too low for him to fully make it, but he could sense some obscenities were in it. He laughed a little and glanced back out the window. 

"Are we almost there at least?" Namjoon asked. "We've been driving forever."

"You're not enjoying this time together?" Yoongi responded in mock offense. "Yeah, we're getting close. Actually, this is probably the point where I'm supposed to ask you to put this on." He handed over a bandana that Namjoon only raised his eyebrows in response at. "Tie it over your eyes."

"Where the hell are you taking me?" Namjoon muttered, but he complied. 

After Yoongi could affirm that the younger couldn't see anything, he was content. They quietly rode for awhile before he felt the car slow down and eventually come to a stop. He waited for his best friend to come around to the side and open the door for him and offer a hand. The taller male initially bumped his head on the car ceiling before he was successfully out. 

"No offense, but this is really weird," Namjoon said. 

"Yeah, well, makes for interesting bonding experience," Yoongi replied. 

Namjoon had to hold Yoongi's hand to be navigated, which made both boys slightly uncomfortable, but neither vocalized it. He was certain he could feel cobblestone beneath his feet. That was odd. Still, he didn't question it. He didn't want to ruin whatever his best friend was doing for him, no matter how questionable. 

It was about a five minute stroll that was mostly filled with silence, only the occasional directions given from Yoongi. Soon, the air felt a little cooler and the sounds had changed. Insistent chirping filled his ear. 

"Alright, stop," Yoongi told him.

Namjoon did and he waited, though he wasn't sure for what. What felt like infinite minutes passed as his patience dwindled. What the hell was Yoongi up to? Was this just some prank that the other would laugh about for hours?