Chapter Fifteen

Time no longer existed. Namjoon looked at the clock and felt no association with those numbers to the day that was happening. Instead, he watched them slipped past, repeating the same cycle as they ticked away to the end and started right back to the beginning. That's how he knew time was a hundred percent a made up concept. If time was real, it wouldn't have. budged from the moment Jin said they were done and Namjoon knew there was nothing he could say to make that not true. 

The only way he could make it through is days was to sleep them away. Other than when he had to step into the school building or when his mother forced him down to the dinner table and tried to convince him to eat more than a bite, he didn't leave his bed. He just laid and stared and let sleep sweep him away as often as it could. Truthfully, he probably could've slept the whole day away. 

That's probably what he would've done today, Saturday, had he not rolled over in his bed and felt a body there. His heavy eyes managed to crack open, giving him enough of a blur to see who was there. 

There beside him lay Yoongi, scrolling on his phone with no bro zone pillow separating their bodies. He hadn't even throw Namjoon's legs off of his.

"Finally," his best friend remarked, eyes still on the screen. "You've been out for at least an hour."

Namjoon sighed and sat up, moving back to his side of the bed as he rubbed his eyes. "What are you doing here?" he asked groggily. 

"I got tired of watching the depressing shit at my house, so I decided to come watch it here instead."

"Can you at least stop making it obvious that you're texting Jimin then?" He sighed. 

Yoongi quickly set his phone down and his face fell a little. "I'm sorry."

Namjoon shook his head. "It's okay. I'm just miserable. I'm glad you two are happy and shit. It's just hard to watch right now."

"Do you want me to stop talking to him given...everything?"

"No, of course not." He paused. "You'd actually do that for me?"

Yoongi chewed on his bottom lip. "I don't know."

"Well, I'll never ask you to. Jimin's a good guy. You both deserve to be happy. It's not either one of your faults that you're connected to the both of us."

The elder sighed and ignored the buzzing of his phone. The ugly facts could only settle over them. Another small recollection that everything had changed. 

"So...I'm guessing you still haven't heard from him?" Yoongi questioned. 

Namjoon shook his head. "No. I'm not waiting to. He's not going to say anything. He meant everything he said. He's not going to change his mind."

"Well, he's a dumbass then."

"No, he's not. Because as pissed off and hurt as I am, I think I might do the same thing too. I don't know. Doesn't mean I agree with it or I'm okay with it. Regardless, he made this decision. It just really sucks because if there wasn't a Hyun-Soo, then we would probably still be together and I would have given him that song and everything would've been the way it should."

"Does that mean you're not going to try to get him back?" 

"No, it's done. We're done."

Yoongi nodded. The heavy silence fell between them again. Namjoon didn't mind it though. He appreciated the fact that his best friend didn't bullshit him. Right now, he didn't want the sickening promises of everything being okay. It really didn't matter whether that was right or wrong. The future didn't matter when he could hardly breath without crying.