Chapter Six

Jin felt completely torn from passing out due to being completely ecstatic that he was going out with Namjoon, or vomiting from the stamped of butterflies that roamed recklessly in his stomach. He changed clothes at least five times, uncertain if they looked proper enough for a date. Not that he had a clue as to what they would be doing. Namjoon made it very clear that on no uncertain terms was he to know what they were doing today. 

After going through all the possible scenarios, he decided he couldn't go wrong with a lavender turtle neck and a white cardigan. His hair was a different story. It was once he styled it with his bangs feathered off to the side that he was pleased enough. 

He glanced at the clock. There was still five minutes until Namjoon was supposed to pick him up and he was beginning to think the younger wasn't particularly skilled at being punctual.

He ended up perching himself at the end of his bed and took steady breaths in and out to try to settle his racing heart. However, it only shot up more when he heard the familiar creek of the door. His eyes darted over to it, seeing that angelic, yet sinister face peering through. 

Soon Hyun-Soo comfortably walked into his room, letting the door shut behind him. He played with a Mario figurine that was on the bookcase. 

"Off somewhere?" he asked. 

Jin nodded. "Going out with a friend. They should be here any moment."

"I think you mean he," his stepbrother corrected. 

"Does it really matter?"

"Not for most guys, but for you it does. You're going out on a little date." Hyun-Soo's lips spread into a smile more wicked than the Big Bad Wolf's. 

Jin felt small, almost like an ant. He wasn't that much shorter than his stepbrother and he was even broader, leaner, yet Hyun-Soo made him feel tiny. He was flimsy, as if he was made of paper. There was nothing he could to do, no move that would save him. 

"Please," he whispered.

He hated the way the plead came from his lips or the way Hyun-Soo's eyes lit up with power, like he needed anymore. Yet, that was the only thing he could do. 

Relief spread through him when his phone lit up with a text from Namjoon saying he was there. He got up, grabbing his phone, but Hyun-Soo's hand tightly gripped his arm. So tight he could hardly feel it. 

"He's here," Jin said. 

Confirming that, a knock soon came at the door. Not only was the act endearing, but it may have also just saved his ass. 

Hyun-Soo gritted his teeth before letting go of him. Jin hurried out of the bedroom and down the stairs before his stepbrother could change his mind. He threw open the front door with relief. He had truly never been so happy to see anyone standing in his doorway, especially Kim Namjoon in a white t-shirt that fit snugly and a denim jacket. Best of all though had to have been the forget-me-not that he held up in his right hand between long, slender fingers. 

"Too much?" Namjoon asked, watching the elder male gap at him. 

Jin finally shook his head. "Just enough," he answered softly.

The blond delicately took the flower and gave it a delicate sniff. He held up a finger to indicate to Namjoon that he needed to wait a moment. He grabbed a vase, far too excessive, and filled it with water. Gingerly, he placed the single flower in. Perhaps to some people it might have looked pathetic, the single flower in a vase made to hold a dozen of them. Instead, to Jin, it was the first flower anyone had ever given him and it was perfect.