Chapter Eight

It turned out that both Namjoon and Jin were just too polite. 

For their second date, they headed to the cinema. When selecting a movie, they both just kept insisting the other should pick what they watch, not wanting one to be stuck through a movie they detested. Jin was intrigued by a romance movie, but wasn't certain if the younger liked romance or how awkward it would be if they were stuck sitting next to each other while the two love interests go to town. Namjoon found himself drawn into a historical fiction movie with a small love story, but he didn't want the other to be potentially bored.

However, they came to realize that either one of those choices would've been much better than the superhero movie they compromised on.

There was a reason this theatre was mostly empty and they discovered it within ten minutes of starting the film. At least Jin had made sure they piled on as many snacks as they could or else they would've been forced to watch the world's lamest superhero without the pleasure of buttery popcorn and Junior Mints.

Both males ate their snacks and occasionally shared smiles, not wanting to express their distain for the movie to other, even though they were certain they were having an equally horrible time watching this movie.

Finally, after the superhero once again lost an easy battle, Namjoon couldn't help sighing.

"This is the most absurd movie I've ever seen," he groaned.

Jin's eyes widened. "You hate it too?" he asked.

"It's horrible!"

"I thought it was just me dying over here."

The pair shared a grin. Namjoon soon grabbed another handful of popcorn and reluctantly gazed at movie. Jin sat there quietly for a few more moments before leaning over.

"You know," he said against the other's ear. "Nobody is keeping us here."

"You want to leave?" Namjoon asked.

"No, I mean yes, but just to another movie," Jin explained. "We could probably catch the end of one of the more decent movies."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "That's very morally ambiguous."

Jin shrugged. "Just a thought."

Only a moment passed before the younger sighed. "Alright, this movie must be killing both my braincells and my morality. Let's go."

Jin grinned and they both got up. They quietly slipped out of the theatre. The elder grabbed Namjoon's hand with the one free of boxes of candy. Together they walked, trying not to appear suspicious, though that probably had the opposite effect. A worker only shook her head as she spotted the pair.

Soon Jin spotted the theatre of the romance movie. "Let's try this one," he said.

Namjoon nodded and they quietly snuck in. They found some pretty bad seats toward the front that no one wanted because they just about broke your neck. Still, they took them gladly and their hands remained intertwined between them.

At some point, while they watched the love filled and passionate scenes, Jin's head rested against Namjoon's shoulder. The younger smiled, wishing the other had just said he wanted to see this movie. The blond's eyes had been glued to the screen from the first moment they entered and it was undeniably adorable. Admittedly, he wasn't paying attention to this film anymore than the last one, but he liked the way the romantic atmosphere softened them.

Namjoon would have to figure out the name of this movie before they left. It was his new favorite movie.

• • •