Chapter One

TW: suicide & drugs

Jin's fist crumpled up the stupid pink post-it he had hopefully left on his locker until it was an unrecognizable ball. Apparently, it hadn't even been worth a reply from his admirer. His former admirer at this point. 

Was he really not worth being anything more than pretty?

Maybe if he never would've responded, the note writer would still contently be leaving notes instead of abruptly vanishing from Jin's fingers just after he felt as if he might have been starting to get a grip on his mystery admirer. 

Guilt sank deep into his gut. While this person was wrong about a lot of things, they did unfortunately seem to have one thing right. Jin had absolutely no idea who this was and it was totally killing him. There was someone in this building that he was overlooking. He should've been able to know them, see them. Shouldn't he have felt their gaze? Or was he just that wrapped up in himself?

Even though he may not have had a clue as to who this was, he had quickly become fond of them. Their words had been drifting around in his mind for the past month or so. The first time he saw the flash of pink he was confused, uncertain if it was a prank, perhaps even his stepbrother's cruelty. Then at some point he began to rush over after his morning classes to see what that day's note had to say. Each one he carefully dissected, searching for any hints about the writer's identity. His heart had grown warm and he was desperate to know who for. 

Now, it just felt heavy. 

Coming to his locker was a dead weight in his chest because there was nothing new. Simply his pathetic pleas for someone he didn't know to speak to him again. 

His emotions had swirled. First, disappointment had sank over him. What had he done wrong? Then just worry. The last notes they exchanged were so cryptic. He feared that the ominous words held the meaning he feared. Today, however, Kim Seokjin simply felt pissed. 

He never asked for any of this. He was going along just fine until this unexpected wonderful thing happened and shook his world only for it to be suddenly yanked back. 

In the midst of the anger and wallowing, Jin became startled by the realization that someone was watching him. Quickly, he turned his head and met the eyes of a handsome brunette male who had a locker further down the hall. He knew those warm eyes.

Kim Namjoon.

It was him. Jin knew without a doubt it had to be him. 

Why hadn't he thought of it sooner? Who else was considerate enough to pick out pink post-its because it was his favorite color? What other person at this school would be so silently observant?

Namjoon swiftly diverted his eyes and focused on shoving the rest of his books into his book bag, which clearly there wasn't enough room for. 

Jin grabbed his own bag out of his locker, not caring if he had everything he need. The door shut with a slam and he turned back around, but the male had disappeared into thin air. He still walked down to his locker, looking around hopefully. 

HIs admirer was gone. He debated leaving a note on his locker, but evidently Kim Namjoon wanted nothing to do with him anymore. 

He sighed, ready to walk off when he noticed a tattered paper on the floor. It could have been a random assignment or perhaps it was a paper Namjoon hastily dropped in his attempt to get the hell way from Jin. 

That possibility made him pick it and smooth it out. His second suspicion was definitely write. In writing he had seen many times on his locker, a song was composed, messy with notes in the margins and lines crossed out. It was beautiful, to say the least. Of course it was. Definitely something too special and too personal to toss away or let lay around for someone else's eyes.