eighteen

song; push play

artist; zedd, miriam bryant

"you painted black upon the whitest lies, lies, your lies, push play, stop rewind, you drown your heroes in red wine.."

suits // eighteen
- Niall -

"You'll regret it Niall, trust me. Girls like her just don't belong in our world. The sooner you realise that the better."

"If she doesn't belong in our world then maybe I'll join hers. Thanks for the 'soiree' mom but I'll be leaving now. I'll see you tomorrow at work." I nodded my head and left, only to see Jenna hiding behind a wall with her eyes concentrating on her phone screen. "Jenna?" She jumped when I called her name, her cheeks went crimson, which told me she was probably eavesdropping.

"I wasn't- I mean I was getting cell service um I-I'm.. sorry." She bit her lip and burst out laughing, dropping her head in her hands. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her into my chest.

"Did I do good? Did I pass?" I smirked and chuckled, she burried her head into my shoulder and squealed, from embarrassment im guessing.

She nodded, "You did good, yes you passed. Thank you for sticking up for me." I placed my hand on the back of her neck and turned her to face me. I pressed a kiss to her forehead and wrapped my arms around her neck.

"You're such a moron." I laughed, "Let's go babe."

*

I got a call from the judge last night saying to come to the courthouse at 8am sharp, apparently the trial had been moved to this morning, and thankfully Tom, Lou and I had been working on the case all night so we were ready. So here I was, 8am on a Monday morning at court about to question this guy on the rape and murder of a 15 year old girl, it quite frankly sickened me but I still tried to defend Frank because I knew he hadn't done that. He had a 15 year old daughter of his own at the time and he absolutely adored her, he wouldn't have done one thing to jeopardize that. Tom handed me the manila file filled with everything I needed against the defendant.

"His names Tommy Curtis, never convicted of any crimes, though he was given a $350 dollar fine from speeding back in 2007. He was another suspect on the case but his lawyer found evidence against Baxter. We gotta win this case Niall. Frank's life is counting on you."

"I never liked that son of a bitch." I took a gulp of my coffee, "Where's Tomlinson?" Just as the words left my mouth, Louis walked down the hallway with Julia Ross' mother, Hazel and stood beside us.

"Are you ready to bring justice to this motherfucker?" Louis chuckled, following us into the courtroom where Curtis and his lawyer were already seated and so were most of the jury. Tom and Louis sat in the row behind me and Hazel and after 5 minutes the judge walked in and took a seat.

Curtis was the first to take the stand, where it was my tie to shine. "Thomas Curtis, where were you on Thursday night of December 6th 2007?" Curtis was about 40/50 years old, and he was Julia's music tutor. She used to play the violin, and rumour was that she was his favourite student.

He shuffled uncomfortably in his seat and pushed his glasses further up his nose, "Well let's see, I have tutor on Thursdays. I was tutoring a young boy, I think his name was Jonathan."

"I don't believe you." I smirked, walking slowly back and forth infront of the defendant. "I think i know what you were doing on the night of December 6th."

"You've got to trust me, sir. I didn't murder Julia, she was an excellent student, one of the best, actually." His bald head was turning shiney, a sign that he was sweating and nervous. Good, my tactics were working.