seven

song; Ready To Run

artist; One Direction

"there's a devil in your smile it's chasing me, and every time i turn around, it's only gaining speed.."

suits // seven

- Jenna - 

Due to the fact my father did not, nor will ever know how to work a cell phone or any other electronical devices apart from the rotary dial telephones, I recieved a letter in my P.O box later on that week, signed at the bottom read;

P.S I hope the Big Apple is treating you well, my daughter deserves the best and I won't settle for less. Big hugs from Dad and Sammy xx 

I smiled, mentally noting myself to remember to send him a letter back later on, and perhaps a few treats I managed to pick up for Sammy. I placed the envelope underneath my arm before checking the rest of my mail, which most of them were free subscriptions to magazines that I forgot to cancel and advertisements for local takeout shops that I would probably never visit, but wouldn't throw out anyway incase by chance I ever did need one. 

With a smile and a nod from the old man serving hot chocolate at the entrance of the post office, who also handed me a free cup of hot chocolate, I left the post office and headed on the 5 minute walk back to my apartment.

I pushed open the door of my apartment to see Harley sitting on the couch, 70% of my food on the table in front of him and the remaining 30% stuffed into his mouth or crumbled on his shirt, "Jen!" He mumbled, no doubt spitting food onto my floor as he did so. 

"You're disgusting." I laughed, picking up a packet of m&ms and resting my feet on the table beside Harley. 

"Did you get a letter from dad?" He asked, now that he had successfully, without choking, swallowed the mound of food that was in his mouth. 

I nodded, swatting Harley's hand away as he attempted to steal one of my m&m's. "Some guy in a fancy ass suit and blonde hair came to your door with a white box while you were away. It's in your room." I rolled my eyes, knowing exactly who the 'some guy in a fancy ass suit' was.

Harley gave me a confused look, but I waved it off and headed straight to my room where a fancy white box with gold ribbon sat delicately on my bed. I read the tag which said, '212-509-6995. ring me x' in his handwriting, which was surprisingly very neat. I pulled the ribbon from around the box and slowly opened it. I pulled the piece of fabric to see it was in fact, a very very expensive looking dress. I was speechless. The top was a halter neck with an open back, covered completely in silvery gold embellishments. The bottom of the dress was white chiffon, flowing elegantly. Under another layer of tissue paper was a pair of completely embellished heels, the exact same colour as the top of the dress. "That little shit!" I placed the dress and shoes back neatly in the box, wrapping the ribbon back around the box before pulling on my converse. Without talking to Harley, I quickly left the apartment, my phone in my pocket and the dress box in my hands.  

"1040 Fifth Avenue, Manhattan please." The cab driver gave me a 'yeah right' look, as if to ask what a girl like me could be doing in a place like that. But he started driving, half an hour later stopping right outside his penthouse, the last time I was here I ended up hungover and naked in his bed. 

I pressed the buzzer for his penthouse, no answer. Again, no answer. "Excuse me, Miss. Are you looking for Mr Horan?" I turned around to see a bell hop, dressed head to toe in a deep red and gold outfit. 

"Um, yes actually. Is he busy?" 

"Mr Horan is at work, he will not be home for another.." He clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth, "6 hours. It is a long time but you are welcome to wait in the bar, or in the sitting area. Any friend of Mr Horan's is a friend of the hotel. Unless you would like me to take a message?" The bell hop was around 20/25. He was reasonably good looking, his dark hair showing slightly underneath his hat. Though the outfit did him no justice.