Heaven Can Wait

Marissa's POV

"He wants to talk to me? After he hopped the fuck out of here when I got shot." I grabbed the phone and stayed quiet. "Marissa, I know your pissed off and I'm sorry I left." He sounded upset. "What do you want Curtis?" "To talk." "I don't wanna." I said handing the phone back to Marshall. "I'm goin' to bed." I said kissing him. I walked into the room and undressed getting under the covers. I felt the warmth of his skin and turned over. He looked me in the eyes kissing my lips. The softness got me all giddy. He went under the covers and I blushed. "Oh m-" I was cut off by his lips meeting mine in a hushed way. I fidgeted around and held on a pillow. He slid up and suddenly Selene walked in. "Mama, what were you doing?" "Cuddling daddy." I said grabbing his sweat shirt and putting it on. I walked her to her room and tucked her in. "I love you so much." I said kissing her forehead before walking to a sleeping Marshall.

12:37am

I woke up to a doorbell ringing and knocking on the door. I stood up and walked to the door. "Do you know women by the name of Tara Bell and Taryn Manning?" Officer Suchasuch asked wiping his eyes. "Yes." I said looking over my shoulder. "Taryn was shot in the head and back by, Tara in front of her girls and although she's in the Hosptial right now she is also in critical condition." I almost fell on my face. "Let me get dressed." I said walking to the bedroom. I slipped on my white tank top and black sweats with my black Nike. Officer Suchasuch drove me to the hospital before leaving. "

Marshall's POV

I woke up to the kids on the end of the bed watching cartoons. There was a note and a suitcase half packed. I pulled up my pants and walked to the note.

"Marshall,

I had to go to the hospital, I'd prefer to tell you in person rather than through this. In the kids bag I packed clothes, games, coloring books any thing to keep them busy. They're going to 50's apartment so we can talk. 50 should be there about 7:30 so after that you have to come to Rose Mcclair Hospital.

Love, Marisssa"

I looked at the clock it was 7:35. "Good Mornin'." Curtis said the kids suitcases in hand. "Hey." "You should get dressed and than go. I got it." He said walking the children out.

$$$$$$$$

I walked into the hospital and saw Marissa bunched up in the corner. I walked to her and wrapped her in my arms. "What happened?" I whispered in her ear. "Tara shot Taryn in her head and back 5 times." "I thought Taryn was in jail for attempted murder." I said kissing her forehead. "A dumbass judge set her free on a 390,000 dollar bail." She whimpered. Suddenly nurses and doctors ran to the room and 30 minutes came out. Blood on the doctors shirt and shoes. "Are you guys friends or family?" Dr. Johnson asked looking down. "Friends." I spoke up. "We are sorry for your loss." Marissa went limp and fell closing her hazel eyes.