Different

Marshall's POV

April 27, 1998

Since she was 8 months and two weeks pregnant we had to do a ultrasound and check up on the baby. I swear she looks like a re-make of her mother. "Skylyn is developing very well for where y'all are in this pregnancy. Do you have any questions?" "Well, he has a daughter already and this is my first child so I don't have a lot of patience and I'm worried a lot." "What I need you to realize is it's a baby so sometimes you're not going to know what to do and that's okay as long as you get out every now and then you'll be fine." She looked at me. "You okay." I asked looking at her. "Yeah, I'm just little scarred." I held her hand and looked her in the eyes. "Don't be please. You know I got that record deal and the album is almost done." "Baby, we've wanted this for a while now. But, when the album is done there are tours. Tours away from us. I have a job with you and on the side as a model so I need you do figure out what we need to do." She said it so calmly. "Okay I will." I said rubbing her stomach. "Here the beautiful baby is y'all are free to go." Dr.Robison said handing us the ultrasound.

May 21,1998

I woke up and the bathroom light was on. Hailie was crying in the other room. I stood up and walked to her. "Kim." "What do you want asswhole?" She asked flipping over. "I need to check on Marissa and don't you hear Hailie." She pushed me out the way picking up Hailie. I walked to the bathroom and there Marissa was in the tub. "Hey baby." "Hi."She said softly. "What are you doing up at 1 in the morning?" "I called the doc. He said to get ready to come in because it's 2 weeks past the due date." I smiled and just as she was about to say something she shifted. "Can you get the bag?" She asked draining the water. I nodded. "Kim she's having the baby." "Right now?" She asked patting Hailie's back. I nodded. "I'll start the car just say calm." Kim said smiling at me. I walked into the bathroom again and she was putting on her dress. "You ready?" I asked holding her hand. She nodded bending over. I picked her up and walked her to the car. Kim drove and in the Backseat she was talking and calming herself. "The doctor should use baby oil to get the baby out." We all laughed. " Sittin' up there laughin' at the pregnant lady. Forget y'all then." She said bending her head down.

6 Hours Later

I watched as they took Skylyn to the bath. She's just as beautiful as her mother. Her mother who had closed her eyes. "Mr.Mathers did you want to hold her?" I smiled nodding. I held her in my arms and looked at her. Marissa opened her eyes and looked up. "Wow." She said smiling. Kim smiled holding Hailie. I put her in Marissa's arms and watched her feed Skylyn the bottle.