seventeen

"I'm here!" Jungkook ran in with the box and Yoongi sighed.

"Goddamn it, what took you so long?" Jungkook just giggled in response and handed it over. You stood from your chair and walked over too, as he set the box in his chair.

"Traffic," he said with a sigh. "Ms. Y/N, you didn't tell me that El--" he paused and looked around.

"Shut up, Jungkook." His eyes widened as he realized what he was about to say. He nodded and bowed in apology.

"Sorry-- I'm sorry." They found what they needed and Jungkook took a seat. "What's all this for, hyung?"

"She took a few props home yesterday and left them-- y/n that hat is still not here."

"It isn't?" You came over once more. "Oh, I think she sent the wrong one." You picked up the two hats Daisy had given to Jungkook instead. "I think we could still use this-- no?"

Yoongi studied it. "I guess so, but it isn't the same one from yesterday's shots so you can't be focused too much." You nodded and set the hat on your head and your hairstylist fixed everything for you. Jungkook watched, eyes wide. 

You sighed. "Okay."

"Alright, back on set." You walked to Jin and Yoongi turned to Jungkook. "You staying, kid?"

Jungkook answered in a whisper. "Yeah."

When you'd finished for the day, you met with Yoongi to check-in. He dismissed you and you turned to go up to the elevator, back to where Taehyung would be waiting for you if he'd returned from his meeting with Hoseok.

However, someone joined you in the elevator.

"Jungkook," you acknowledged. He pointed at you and your eyebrows raised. "What?"

"You still have it," he whispered. "You still have it."

"Excuse me?" You both stepped into the enclosed space and Jungkook turned to you. You pressed your floor.

"The hat," he whispered.

"No one's here; you can speak up." He cleared his throat a little.

"That's my hat." You pulled it off your head quickly. "I gave it to you-- I gave it to you at the--"

Someone entered the elevator. Someone working in audio. You both gave them a nod and the man pressed his own floor number.

"--when, remember when I fell asleep on you and I--," Jungkook flushed red at the memory, "--ruined your sweater so you need a hat and--"

"Oh." You nodded. "Yeah, this is yours." The elevator stopped at your floor and you walked out, waving at the man in the elevator. Jungkook ran after you.

"You kept it!" he said. You sighed. "You kept it all this time--"

"It's only been seven, eight mon--"

"Did you wear it-- do you wear it?" You stuck it out to him as you came to a halt. You hated the office attire you'd been wearing for the film recently; the heels were killing your ankles.

"Do you want it back--" He pushed your hands back towards you.

"No, no, no-- it's my present to you!" You sighed. "You can keep it-- you should keep it."

"So why are you making a big deal out of this" Jungkook was still in shock.

"I can't believe you kept it! After all this time!" He ran a hand through his hair and you sighed. "After all this time."

"I have to get home, Jungkook."

"Oh! You didn't tell me Elise would be there!" You sighed. "We said hello!"