twenty-nine

"I mean, yikes."

"I know," Jungkook mumbled. JM/F held up the carton of milk and Jungkook nodded. She came over and poured more into his cereal. "I miss her."

"Nevermind missing her, dude-- imagine how the kid feels." Jungkook shrugged as he looked at his best friend.

"Elise is too little; she probably has no idea." Jimin nodded, eating his own cereal. "She was going to announce it and explain everything but he was just one day early." Jimin sighed as he wiped at his mouth.

"Bad luck." Jungkook shrugged again. "This sucks-- is she gonna clear it up? Surely people will understand if she speaks out, right?"

"I think so."

"That'll help." Jungkook nodded. "What about the film-- is it still running?" Jungkook frowned.

"I-- I think so? Why would they stop because of this?" He sat straight. "Ms. Y/N's gonna clear it all up and everything will go back to normal."

"You're far too naive, Kook," jm/f said gently. Jungkook frowned. "Things are definitely gonna change." She shuddered. "I can't even imagine what I'd be like if I were her."

"It'll go back to normal," Jungkook repeated, reassuring himself. "Normal."

"People are saying horrible things about her, Jungkook." He looked up. Jimin read off of his phone. "Bad mother, alcoholic, disgusting, selfish-- I don't even want to say some of the words."

"Ms. Y/N isn't any of those things!"

"The media believes what it wants to," jm/f whispered, patting Jungkook's arm. He frowned. "Maybe you can convince her to speak up sooner than later-- you guys are close, aren't you?" He shrugged.

"Not really."

"No?" He shrugged. "I think she needs a bit of time," jm/f said, sitting down at the table with them. Venue ads were scattered about the surface. 

"You should bring her food and stuff," Jimin suggested. "Does she have someone who does groceries for her?"

"I think her housekeeper Daisy gets them." The couple nodded. "I'm scared for her." JM/F rubbed his shoulder.

"You like her a lot, that's why." Jungkook looked up quickly.

"I don't like Ms. Y/N!" he said quickly. "She's just my friend." Jimin and his fiancee exchanged a look.

"Yeah," she whispered, "that's what I meant, Koo." Jungkook turned red.

"Oh." She leaned in. 

"It's okay to like her," she whispered. "Just because y/n's an actress doesn't make her off-limits to you." He shook his head quickly. "It doesn't. If you like her, you should go for it, Jungkook. She'd be lucky to have a boyfriend that cares as much as you do."

"I don't want to be Ms. Y/N's boyfriend!" He stared at his cereal. "I'm just worried about her." JM/F stood and kissed him on the cheek as she took his empty bowl. 

"Then show her you care." Jungkook sighed and thought back to what you'd said to him earlier. 

We're good. 

"I'm not even sure she likes me."

---

"We need her to come do her parts," Yoongi mumbled, scratching something off of his list. "She needs to come in, Hoseok-- I'm not going to finish this fucking movie if she doesn't show up."

"She needs a break, hyung, what am I supposed to do? Deny her that right?"

"No, but it was one post and if she'd just clear it up in the media it would be fine." Hobi rubbed his forehead.