forty-three

[several months later :)]

~

"Why are you taking so damn long?"

"I really think this is a bad idea."

"Dude, your name's gonna be in the credits, why would you miss the premiere?"

"I'm just--"

"You've fixed your hair three times, Jungkookie!" Jungkook sighed loudly as he turned from the mirror in his bathroom. "Come on-- we have to pick your thing up on the way."

"This is so stupid." Jimin rolled his eyes as Jungkook shut the bathroom light off. He walked out, fixing his shirt as he headed for the door. Jimin held it open.

"You're just nervous about seeing your Ms. Y/N."

"Shut up."

"Am I wrong?" Jungkook didn't respond as he jabbed at the elevator's down button. "Hey-- it's about time, anyway."

"No, it isn't."

"Jungkook, you haven't seen her since she kissed you." Jungkook glared.

He'd done a fantastic job of avoiding you. Not keeping his promise, he stayed away from set for the rest of the shooting. It was only after he'd heard you were done filming that he visited Yoongi to see how editing was going.

Namjoon had helped him out too. He met with Elise at the cafe every so often but his hyung always gave him the heads up before you arrived. And Jungkook dashed out of the coffee shop before your car could even enter the parking lot.

Jungkook was terrified.

Of you, essentially.

"Well-- now you can tell her how you feel."

"I don't feel anything."

"Except that you're madly in love with her." Jungkook glared.

"I'm not in love with Ms. Y/N." Jimin chuckled as he pulled into a parking lot.

"That isn't what you said when you got drunk that first night she kissed you." Jungkook slumped in his seat. "You like her, buddy-- it's okay to like her."

"No, it's not!"

"She likes you too-- we've talked about this.'' Jungkook shook his head.

"Ms. Y/N does not like me."

"You don't even know that! She kissed you, for one, and two, you ran out like a dick and never let her explain." Jungkook sighed, still standing firmly by his point.

"Ms. Y/N does not like me." Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Go get your flowers, Kook."

Jungkook got out of the car to pick up the bouquet he ordered and sighed, telling himself what he'd been saying from the minute he bought them. They're for Elise-- not for Ms. Y/N. Besides, why would he get flowers anyway?

When he returned with the roses, Jimin smirked. "They're red," he noticed.

"Yes," Jungkook mumbled, "they are."

"Are they for--"

"Elise." Jimin laughed louder. "They're for Elise."

"Then why are they red, may I ask?" Jungkook glared.

"Because Elise likes the colour red." He shook his head to himself. "The red candies were her favourite in Candy Crush." He whispered this.

"Yeah, yeah."