Sisters of Mercy: s1 ep11 pt2

Marie Avgeropoulos as Hayden

Scarlett's POV

I stuck beside Warren the entire time we were inside the walls. The fact was, the place was beautiful.

I tightened my grip on my knife when I felt eyes on me. Turning around I saw a girl around my age with long brown hair watching me.

She quickly turned away and vanished behind a log cabin. I clenched my jaw and started to follow after her when Warren stood if front of me. "Where are you going?"

"Checking something out. Watch over Cass." I said and walked away before she could stop me. I followed where the girl escaped to.

I finally saw her sitting on a bench with her back to me. Quietly pulling out my knife, I approached the girl.

Looking at my surroundings, I made sure no one was watching as I placed my empty hand on her mouth and my blade against her throat.

"When I remove my hand, you aren't gonna scream. If you do, I won't hesitate to slit your throat right where you sit." She gently nodded her head and I moved my hand from her mouth to her chin. "What the hell is this place?"

"Sisters of Mercy.."

"Elaborate." I spat while pressing my knife harder against her throat. "Why are there no men?"

"The woman stay here but the boys get sent out when they're 13."

"Why?"

"I don't know what you would want to call it other than trust issues. They found most of the woman here surviving with abusive men. She says it's to provide a safe place from men but I know it's way more than that." She said calmly.

I looked at the building that was next to us and tightened my grip on the girl before pinning her on her back against the wall. "Who's 'she'?"

"Hellen. She's the.. leader." She grunting and gripped onto my hand that was locked around her throat. "I'll tell you everything you want to know.. just let me go. Please." She whimpered.

I eyed her for a minute longer but eventually let her go. "Don't run."

"I won't.." she shook her head while taking in deep breaths. "Hayden."

"What?"

"My name is Hayden."

"Scarlett. Sit down." I pointed to the bench and she sat, I soon followed. "How long have you been here?"