Chapter 43 · Promise

Lilly's POV:

It took me a while to clean Micha's mess off of my face. Micha left to get gas and snacks, and he told me to clean up and meet him in the car. Which, to a guy, sounds very simple.

I messed up my makeup, and I can't be bothered to fix it, so I did my best to remove it instead. I fixed my clothes before leaving the bathroom.

The cashier gave me a weird look, and I'm sure he knew what went on in there. I don't even want to know how loud I was.

I walked out to Micha's car, seeing him sitting patiently in the driver's seat.

I got in the car, and a smile instantly invaded Micha's face. That smile never ceased to dazzle me. The way he looks down and tries to hide it, his smile lines, the way his blue-grey eyes seem to sparkle.

It makes my smile look like shit.

"Safe word. I want you to choose a word, any word, that you won't say unless you want everything we are doing to stop. A word that you won't say for a week, and, I you say it and so choose, we will go home." Micha said as we started to drive.

My eyebrows drew in confusion. "Why would I want to go home?"

"Because we are trying something new, you and I. You will tell me if you are uncomfortable, but- as much as I would never intentionally hurt you- if I push your limits, and you want to go home-"

"I want to take advantage of this time with you." I interrupted.

"Okay. When we are settled at our destination, I expect you to have a safe word thought of. Understand?" Micha glanced over at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes daddy."

We were on the road for at least another hour. I can't be certain exactly how long, because if I wasn't listening to Olivia Rodrigo, I was sleeping.

Micha didn't understand how I could relate to the songs, how I knew every word.

"You have three guys chasing after you, princess." He had said.

"I had a different life before I met you guys. And who knows what will happen in-" In the future, I meant to say, but Micha cut me off.

"We're not going anywhere, princess. I'm not going anywhere. Don't doubt that." Micha's tone was hard, it sounded like a 'do not argue with me' kind of thing.

"Promise?" I asked quietly. I wanted to believe him. Really. But I knew the truth. This is fun. It might be love. But nothing lasts forever. Deep down, Micha knows that too. I know he does. Andy and Nick too. Soon enough one of us will want a different life. Kids, marriage. It only takes one to ruin the whole relationship. Because when one goes, the rest will follow. It may even be about the Kingston business. Maybe I'll suck at it, and they'll find there's no reason to keep me around. That the sex is replaceable. Maybe they'll want to continue the Kingston name. But am I just supposed to choose one to have a kid with? Have sex with all three and hope? I've never had the desire for kids anyway, and I'm only 17. Maybe that will be our downfall, my age. Since the second I met them, it's always been a countdown until my 18th birthday.

My doubt was running away with itself, my anxiety throbbing like an aching joint, and I almost didn't catch Micha's reply.

"I promise, princess." Liar.

When we arrived, I had finally somewhat settled my nerves. You're supposed to live in the present, because you've already lived the past.

But my worry for the future isn't something I can let go as easily. I meant what I said. And what I couldn't bring myself to say.

Micha didn't give me much time to overthink things though. He had taken me to a beach house. It wasn't small, and it was a bit secluded.

Micha gave me the key and got our suitcases out of the car.

A whole week.

I grinned, holding the key tighter in my hand before running up to the door. I took a deep breath, looking over my shoulder at Micha, who was closing the trunk and locking the door.

I unlocked the door, swinging it open. My eyes were met with beauty. The house wasn't big, but it looked like it was.

A short entryway with a hall closet and coat rack. Living room to the right, kitchen to the left. Bathroom and bedroom straight ahead, into a small hallway. The lighting of the place was warm, but bright. Floor lamps in every corner. A TV mounted on the wall. An L-shaped couch placed in the middle of the living room, facing the TV.

I threw myself onto the couch and looked up at Micha as he walked past me to the bedroom with our suitcases.

Micha walked back out a second later, smirking at me. "You like the place?"

I closed my eyes, smiling in content. "Yes daddy."

I felt the couch dip by my head and I opened my eyes. Micha's lips were an inch away from mine, instantly taking my breath away.

"Micha-"

Micha cut me off, a sharp slap landing on my thigh. "What was that, princess?" Micha asked, his voice pitched deep and his words coming out harsh.

I hummed, not answering his question. A slight smirk rested on my lips as Micha's gaze turned in to a glare.

"You seem to be forgetting rules. Does my little slut need a reminder?"

I pressed my legs together, unintentionally letting Micha know how wet I am.

"Hmm?" Micha hummed, moving his hand that wasn't holding himself up to grip my waist. I bit my lip, looking up at Micha without answering him. I knew I was pushing his buttons, but I wanted to see him angry. I wanted to see the reaction he would give me.

"Answer me now, Lillian, or you won't be able to form coherent sentences the rest of the night." Micha growled out the words, his lips brushing against mine.

A short breath escaped my lips, but the bratty side of me didn't die down.

"You're bluffing." I had a strong feeling he would carry through, but I wanted to give him the push to do so.

"Am I?" Micha asked, a twisted smirk corrupting his face. I won't lie, it almost scared me. Then the arousal showed up, and Micha shifted his position above me. His knee in between my legs, putting a pressure on my clit that made me want to grind against him. His hand wrapped around my throat, and Micha pressed his lips against the corner of my mouth, dragging them up to my ear. "What safe word did you think of?"

In one ear and out the other. His question totally threw me off, and I was too caught up in my own arousal to answer whatever question he asked.

Micha let out a low growl and squeezed my neck, focusing my attention back on him.

"I told you to think of a safe word. I need your answer now before we continue."