Angel 03

An- The picture up top is the tattoo that she has in the middle of her back.

Lavender eventually found her room after wandering through the maze-like halls. She stopped in front of the big metallic door that required a key card for entry. Opening the door, she expected prison-like decor, but she was pleasantly surprised. Tall windows with pink curtains, a small kitchen, and a mini living room with a big flat screen TV and bean bag chairs greeted her. In the center of the room was a queen-sized bed with soft white sheets. The closet faced the bed, and the bathroom door was directly adjacent.

When she opened the bathroom door, she saw a nice bathtub and standing shower. The toilet, mirror, and faucet were neatly spread out. This was luxury.

Lavender went back to the main room and threw her duffel into the closet, not in the mood to unpack. She took out her gun and hid it carefully in the compartment of her duffel that nobody knew to check. Then, she went back into the bathroom and hid the weed and drugs in a zip lock bag inside the stop valve.

As soon as she sat on the bed, ready to curl up and sleep, a knock sounded on her door. She groaned and walked up to the door, already annoyed. Opening it, she saw Logan Carter. She rolled her eyes and walked over to one of the bean bag chairs.

Logan looked down at some papers in his hands and uninterestingly said, "So, here is some extra information, Lavender. The first activity tomorrow is trust exercises, and you'll have some school classes in the afternoon after lunch." Lavender groaned; she hated school but was oddly good at it. Logan handed her a stack of papers, notebooks, pens, and pencils.

"Wait, what is this?" she asked, holding up the papers.

"Oh, that is scholarship information. The top and best-behaved student will get a chance to go to Buffalo University on a full scholarship," he stated. "Also, for the activities tomorrow, we give out prizes for achievements. That is all." He walked out the door after explaining all this unnecessary information.

Lavender threw the papers onto a chair in the small kitchen. Just as she was about to jump back into bed, Logan walked back in. "Dinner is in thirty minutes."

She decided to take a shower before going down for dinner. After feeling squeaky clean, she opened her duffel, searching for something presentable. She found her black halter top dress that caught her at mid-thigh and put on her combat boots. She tied her hair into a messy bun and decided to go makeup-free.

In the dress, her tattoos were more visible. The heart tattoo on her shoulder, the word "Corazon" on her back written in cursive, the wine glass on her right foot, and the top part of her worded flower tattoo that said, "Life is tough, my darling, but so are you," were all easily identifiable. She put in her nose ring and headed downstairs in search of the group.

When she reached the bottom of the stairs, all eyes were on her. The girls had envious stares, and the boys had hungry stares. Blondie did a catcall and walked up to her, but she walked right past him, in no mood for his idiocy.

"Right, so since everyone is here, we can make our way to the cafeteria," a new guy standing beside Logan said.

Logan walked off, and they followed. Lavender hadn't eaten anything in two days, ever since it happened.

They walked into a restaurant-looking room with tables that seated two people. Lavender walked to one at the back, not wanting to engage in useless chatter. Everyone found a seat except the rude guy from earlier, the attention seeker.

"Oh great," she muttered to nobody in particular.

"I'm not so fond of this arrangement either," he spoke up with a deep velvet voice that held an accent she couldn't quite place.

"Whatever, just don't talk and we won't have a problem," she snapped.

"You know you're a bitch, right?" he rudely asked.

"You know you're a dick, right?" she mocked him.

He rolled his eyes, knowing he was going to lose.

Lavender ignored him and heard Logan announce that they would be getting pizza for dinner. Not long after, they heard a bike park outside. In came a short, stout guy with around thirty boxes of pizzas in his hands. How he managed that, she didn't know.

There weren't many of them, approximately fifteen, so she didn't get why they had bought so much pizza. But who was she to complain when she was so hungry?

Logan and the other guy, Mark, collected the pizzas and paid the delivery boy. Mark walked around to the back and gave two boxes of pizza to Lavender and the guy beside her. What was his name anyway?

"Yo Mark, you got any pizza over there?" Logan called out to the other guy.

Lavender opened her pizza box and only managed to eat three slices. Wow, and she thought she was hungry. Meanwhile, the fool in front of her finished his box and was texting on his phone.

"Ambrose, no texting unless you're inside your room," Mark said.

Lavender rolled her eyes at that. How stupid. Bored, she asked, "Can I leave now?"

Logan nodded, not even caring to look her way.

She got up and grabbed her pizza box. The idiot in front of her got up at the same time. She walked ahead of him and out of the mini restaurant. The attention seeker now had a name: Ambrose.

He grabbed her wrist when they neared her room, pushed her up against the wall, and pinned her hands above her head, causing her pizza to fall on the floor.

"Watch. How. You. Speak. To. ME," he gritted out.

Lavender scoffed at that, kneed him in the balls, and walked away, hearing him cry out in pain. She walked with her head straight, stopped at her room door, and told him one thing, "Don't fuck with me, 'cause I will ruin YOU." She slammed her door and threw the pizza on the stove.

What a night!

. . .