Angel 13

Lavender lay in her bed, staring at the ceiling. The quiet of the night was unsettling, making the shadows in her room seem more menacing. She turned over, trying to find a comfortable position, but sleep was elusive. The events of the day— the test results, the reform session with Ambrose— kept replaying in her mind.

Eventually, exhaustion took over, and she drifted into a restless sleep. But peace did not come. Instead, a vivid nightmare gripped her.

A certain blackness overtook Lavender's vision as a handkerchief covered her eyes. She felt her heart racing, her breathing shallow and fast. When the blindfold was removed, she was in a dark room. The walls were grey and cold, stained with splatters of old blood. The air was thick with the metallic scent, making her stomach churn.

She glanced down and saw her hands. They were holding a knife, its blade glistening with fresh blood. Her clothes were soaked, red and sticky. Panic surged through her, and she dropped the knife, backing away from the gruesome scene.

"No... no, no, no..." she whispered, her voice trembling.

On the floor lay a body. A girl, her face pale and lifeless, her eyes wide open in a frozen expression of terror. Multiple stab wounds marred her torso, her blood pooling around her.

"Hope..." Lavender gasped, recognizing her best friend.

The memory hit her like a tidal wave. She saw flashes of their time together— laughing, sharing secrets, comforting each other in tough times. The weight of what she had done crushed her, making it hard to breathe.

"What have I done?" she cried, her voice echoing in the dark room.

She fell to her knees beside Hope's body, her hands hovering over her friend, not daring to touch. Tears streamed down her face, mixing with the blood on her hands.

"Hope, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to... I didn't want to..."

The door to the room creaked open, and a shadowy figure stepped inside. It was a man, his face hidden in the darkness. His voice was cold and detached.

"This is your doing, Lavender. You can never escape it."

"No!" Lavender screamed, her voice raw with anguish. "I didn't want this! I never wanted to hurt her!"

The man laughed, a cruel sound that sent chills down her spine. "But you did. And now you'll have to live with it."

The room started to spin, the walls closing in on her. Lavender tried to stand, but her legs felt like lead. She was trapped, unable to escape the horror she had created.

"Please, make it stop!" she begged, clutching her head.

But the nightmare only grew more intense. The shadows in the room seemed to come alive, creeping towards her, their whispers filled with accusations and blame.

"Lavender... murderer... you did this..."

She covered her ears, trying to block out the voices, but they only grew louder. She felt as if she was being suffocated, the darkness pressing in on her from all sides.

Suddenly, she was pulled back into reality. Lavender sat up in bed, drenched in sweat, her heart pounding. She gasped for air, trying to shake off the remnants of the nightmare. Her room was dark and silent, but the terror still lingered.

She hugged her knees to her chest, rocking back and forth. "It was just a dream... just a dream..." she whispered, trying to convince herself.

But deep down, she knew it was more than that. It was a memory, a scar that would never fully heal. She had killed her best friend, and no matter how hard she tried to forget, it would always haunt her.