Angel 02

As soon as the plane hit the ground and it was safe to leave, she practically ran out. She went to the designated spot to collect her bag, adjusting the hat on her head. They wouldn't suspect anything since it totally matched her outfit. She was wearing a white crop top paired with black ripped jeans and black-and-white combat boots.

Lavender might have been a criminal, but she was way more than met the eye. She collected her duffel and looked around for the guy who was supposed to pick her up. She spotted a short middle-aged man holding a sign with her name on it: LAVENDER WHITE.

She walked up to him, and he tried to take her bag, but she wouldn't let him. "Nope, I'm good."

He sighed, mumbling something under his breath about "fucktard delinquents." Lavender willed herself not to hit him in the back of the head for insulting her. She ignored him and climbed into the back seat.

He began driving, and if this wasn't her last chance, she would totally steal this limo. They stopped at a fairly nice house, but Lavender didn't know why.

"Why did you stop?" she asked, getting annoyed.

"I don't answer to you," he simply stated.

She rolled her eyes and showed him the middle finger. Soon enough, a hot, platinum-blonde-haired badass walked through the door of the house they were parked in front of. Was he going to that dumb place too?

Lavender fixed a scowl on her face. Just because she thought he was hot didn't mean she had to like him. The driver came out of the car and opened the door for the hot guy.

"Hello, beautiful," he called out in a seductive voice.

Lavender ignored him, but she couldn't ignore his hand reaching out to touch her. "If you touch me, I will break your hand in seven places," she threatened, narrowing her eyes at him. She briefly made eye contact and saw that he had hazel eyes with flecks of green.

"Woah, feisty. Just how I like 'em," he said, inching closer.

"Bitch, back the fuck up," Lavender said, scooting over and putting more distance between them.

He laughed, then checked a message on his phone, leaving her alone.

Not long after, they finally arrived at Fire and Ice. It was most definitely not what Lavender was expecting. The high walls were painted in purple and yellow, with a big fountain and columns holding up the mansion. It was luxurious, unlike anywhere she had ever been.

The driver pulled up the driveway, then came out of the car and opened the doors for them. As Lavender stepped out, she saw a short woman with auburn hair tied in a neat bun and a black business suit.

"Welcome to Fire and Ice... a center for troubled youth," the woman said, her eyes zooming in on Lavender's butterfly tattoo on her wrist. Oh, trust me, honey, Lavender thought, I have way more tats. "This is Logan, and he will be your counselor during your time here. He will explain the rules and consequences," the woman said, looking over at the blond guy and his smirk.

She walked off, leaving them with Logan, a tall and lanky guy who looked like he didn't care to be there.

"Follow me. A couple of your peers are inside, also waiting to be addressed," Logan said, walking off without bothering to wait for them. Lavender didn't really care; she would probably do the same thing.

Inside the building, it was even better than outside. Potted plants were everywhere, a lavish living room with games and a jukebox. Lavender noticed a reception area where you had to present an ID to enter. She wondered when they would be taking ID pictures. There was also an indoor pool, a pool table, and a small bar. And that's just what she could see; she imagined the rest of the place was even more impressive.

They walked up to a group of people who looked a couple of years older than Lavender.

"Guys, this is Lavender and Josh," Logan told them.

Everybody looked average to Lavender, not worth the trouble and time wasted to look at them. So, the blond guy's name was Josh.

"Okay, so here are the ru—" That was all Logan managed to say before an extremely hot guy walked through the door. The whole cohort stopped to look at him. He captured all the attention, and he knew it—what a cocky bastard.

He walked up to Logan, gave him a piece of paper, then made his way to the back, right beside Lavender.

"Okay, guys, so you can't leave the building except on Fridays and Saturdays or Independence Day. If you decide to leave the camp itself, you may leave but at your own peril—you will go straight to prison. Also, you have to participate in daily activities to improve your behavior. The curfew is 12 every night." Everyone groaned and complained.

"If you don't like the rules, go home," Lavender told them, making everyone shut up and look at her. "Oh wait, that's right, you'll go to prison. Now shut the fuck up before I lose my patience!" she told them, then motioned for Logan to continue.

"Okay, so your first activity will be in pairs and it begins tomorrow. For now, you may retreat to your respective rooms. Go to the reception desk to take pictures and collect key cards. Remember, the curfew is 12. If you get caught breaking it, you will get kicked out," Logan said. Lavender's stomach cried out for food.

She was hungry but would have to deal with that later.

As Lavender was walking away to join the line, the attention seeker bumped into her shoulder. "Bitch, watch yourself," she glared at him.

"Watch your mouth, girl," he replied coldly.

Lavender laughed at him. He didn't know who she was, so she decided to ignore the imbecile.

She walked up to the desk and took a quick picture. The lady handed her the key card to room 6 and said, "You can collect your IDs first thing tomorrow."

Lavender nodded, then went in search of her room.

. . .

End of Chapter 2.

An- Bare with me guys for the short chapters but this is how I want it to be so I can update everyday. This book will have 40-50 chapters. Don't forget to like and comment.

Also, what is your favorite color? Mine is lavender ;)