28.

V O T E + C O M M E M T

"How was your trip?" Talia heard Rome ask her from the bedroom. Thankfully Talia was away in the bathroom, not giving Rome the ability to see her facial expression. Having to see Aubrey wasn't the highlight of her trip, but that was the last thing that she would ever tell Rome. "I had a great time seeing Donnie and Sandy,"

"What about that crazy guy?" Rome scoffed with his eyes still trained on the screen of his iPad. "He didn't give you any issues with picking him up, right?" he asked,

"Of course he did, but I kept it strictly about Donnie," she said, stepping out of the bathroom.

"Are you sure?" Rome asked, looking up watching her lay down beside him on the bed. Rome trusted her, but he'd be a liar if he said that he trusted her whenever she was around her ex.

Talia sighed, "something else did happen when I was there," she said, her eyes peeking over at him nervously.

"Like,"

"Aubrey insinuating that the babies are his," Talia confessed,

"What did you say?" he asked warily as he looked over at her,

"I didn't say anything, of course, especially when he told me that if he finds out that I'm pregnant with his kids and I'm still with you, he's going to make my life very hard." She informed him, Talia knew better than to not take Aubrey's threats seriously. On the other hand, she never had to experience this side of Aubrey. This ruthless side that he reserved only for those who went against him.

When it came to Talia, she knew that if Aubrey did figure out that she was indeed intentionally keeping the knowledge of her children's paternity away from him, she knew him well enough to know that he'd never forgive her. "He said that shit to you?" Rome hissed,

"Yeah, but he's—"

"Stop making excuses for him," he snapped, standing from the bed. How could Rome not think Aubrey wouldn't have tried something during her visit. For as long as Rome has known Talia, he'd always known that the relationship Talia and Aubrey had was more than a pressing situation. It was a mess. Aubrey was a mess, and the woman that he loves just gets dragged into the thick of it every time.

"I'm not!"

"Yes, you are. You always do. I let Aubrey slid when he disrespected you online a few months ago, and now he's threatening you, and you want to let this go to." Rome said,"I'm pregnant Roro, I don't want any stress right now, I already have to deal with idiots online, the divorce—"

"Let's talk about that divorce," Rome interjected,

"I signed the papers. What is there to talk about?" Talia sighed, looking over at him,

"I need to make sure that he's not going to take advantage of you during all of this," Rome tells her. If it wasn't for Talia wanting to keep the peace as much as she could. Rome would've already dealt with this situation on his own terms, and his terms were far from peaceful.

"He's not; Aubrey and I are going to need to sit down and speak about everything on how we're going to divide up our assets, not to mention me getting visitation rights with Donnie," Talia explains,