The New Beginning

Chapter 1

It's been a couple years. Eren, Mikasa and Armin are 21 years old.

*Mikasa POV*

Eren and I were dating. Eren is still getting used to us dating. He's not that used to it yet so I'm not pushing it on him yet. When we weren't dating, he didn't have a problem saying he loved me, but now it seems hard for him. Even just before we sleep, it's hard for him to say it. He always blushes which makes it even more cute. I don't know how this happened but....Hange and Levi got together. I don't know how this makes sense.

It was morning and I was walking up. As usual, Eren had his arm around my waist. This was a usual thing that he did now. I turned around to face him. He looks so peaceful sleeping. I usually listen to his breathing cause sometimes he has nightmares where he has heavy breathing and starts sweating. 

Then I have to wake him up so he can tell me his dream. But this morning he was sleeping peacefully. He slowly opened his eyes and we got ready for the day. We went to go meet Armin and Sasha. "Hey Armin." I say as we all greet each other. Armin then said," We were thinking about how much we've all changed." Eren put a hand on my shoulder, laughed and said," Not Mikasa. She'll still kill anyone." 

Sasha walked up to me, leaned towards me and said," She does it for you. Don't forget that's it's for you." I look at Eren whose red at this point. I love when he turns red. Its so cute. I keep a straight face and hold my scarf. "This world may be a cruel world but there some things worth living for, like you, Eren and Sasha and Armin along with Levi and Hange and Connie." 

Then, out of nowhere, I hear," AND WHAT ABOUT ME, MIKASA!!!" I turn around and see Jean. "What about me!! Am I not worth living for!?!?" I laughed and Eren said," Tch, why would she live for you?" Jean grabbed Eren by the collar and said," Who the hell are you to say that!!??" 

He grabbed Jean back and said," I'm her boyfriend, who else!!!" I walked up to them and said," Guys....stop please. I care about you both." Eren looked away. Same with Jean. Sasha walked up to us and said," Mikasa, you've changed so much over these last few years. You were so cold and only cared about Eren. But now you care about all of us-" 

She walked over to me with a smirk on her face, put her arm on my shoulder and continued," Eren will always be on top of us all. No matter what, you'll do ANYTHING to keep Eren near you and I bet he'd do the same right?" I looked away as I blushed and held my scarf. Eren said," I wouldn't do anything." 

He looked at me and said," I'd do more than anything." I started blushing hard and covered my face with my scarf. I'm not used to anyone seeing my face while I'm blushing yet so I always covered my face.

A couple days later

When I woke up, I noticed that the warm arms that were usually around me weren't. I turned around to my other side and Eren wasn't there. I wondered where he was. I got up and went to get my scarf. It wasn't on the desk where I keep it. 

I got worried. I search the entire room for my scarf. I didn't see it and get really worried. I immediately got seriously worried. I went to the mess hall to search there. Didn't find it. Then I went to Sasha's room to ask her if she saw it. I knocked and it was opened. Sasha wasn't there. I didn't the same with all our other friends. 

Eventually I went back to our room, absolutely worried. I looked at our cabinet, there was a letter there. I can't believe I didn't see that. It said:

"Dear Mikasa. I want you to find me and everyone else. Your first clue, check under where we sleep." 

I looked under our bed and saw another note. It read:

"Well done babe. That's actually the first time I've ever called you that. I like it. Hope you like it too. Anyway, go through Levi's cabinet, last one. He won't be mad, don't be worried."

  I left to go to Levi's room. I searched through his cabinet. I found the next letter. It read:

"Amazing! You're so amazing! The next clue is in Sasha's room. Think where she hides her food." 

This continued until I had gone to everyone's room. The last letter read:

"This is a poem:

I love you lots.
And you will be kept.
Now go find me at the place
Where we first met.
Sorry if that's not cool. I tried to make it put a lot of love into it."

I went to the secret tree that only Eren and I knew about. When I got there, everyone screamed," SURPRISE!!!!!!" I looked at them all with a smile in my face. Even Levi and Hange were there. I was so happy. I ran up to Eren and hugged him. "Are you happy?" He asked me. 

I kissed his cheek and said," Of course." After a couple of minutes of us talking. Eren said," Can I have everyone's attention." Everyone looked at him and he continued," Mikasa, I love you. I-I love you more th-than anything. I'm not the best thing at saying these things. So I don't really know how to express my self. But I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I never want to leave you. I know you want to protect me but I'll protect you no matter what." 

He kneels down and brings out the scarf," Will you, Mikasa Ackerman, spend the rest of your life with me? Will you marry me?" He then opened the scarf to reveal a box. He opened the box and there was a beautiful ring inside. 

I started crying and said," Eren Yeager, I will marry you." He gasped and got up. He hugged and he put the ring in my finger. We kissed and everyone congratulated us. I'm so happy to be marrying Eren.

A couple months later
The wedding

I had just walked up the aisle. I was standing in front of the love of my life. Armin was standing and officiating our wedding. He said," You both prepared vows, I guess." We nodded. I started," I love you more than anything. And I have ever since you wrapped my scarf around me. I've been by your side and will no matter what. You remember when I saw you kissing that women, even at that time, I was still going to be by your side. It didn't matter what you did. Nothing could ever make me stay away from you. Even if you said that you hated me." 

Armin noticed that I finished and motioned for Eren to go." I would NEVER tell you I hate you. I will protect you no matter what. Everything I do is to protect you. I-I love you so much and I can't express in words how much I love you. So I will try everyday from today and on wards. " 

He finished and Armin continued. "Eren repeat after me.  I, Eren Yeager, promise to be a faithful husband to, Mikasa Ackerman. I promise to be with her through thick and thin. Through healthy and sick. Through the good times and the bad times. I will love you forever and always." Eren repeated it. I shed a tear. Armin faced me and asked me to repeat it. We enjoyed the wedding.

2 years later

"Um Eren? Can you come here?" I asked Eren to sit at the table. I said," Um Eren.....I'm p-p...." I stuttered. It made me so nervous to say that. I was sweating. Eren looked at me and said," Take your time. If you can't tell me now, tell me another time." 

I said," No, I will tell you now. I'm pregnant." Eren said," A-Are you really?" I nodded my head. I started crying. "I'm sorry. I know you didn't want kids. You always said so. I'm sorry." I cried harder. Eren held me in his chest and said," I'm not upset. I'm happy." 

I looked up at him and said," What?" He lifted my chin and continued," I'm happy that I'm having a kid with you. I love you more than anything. This kid will have an amazing life. We will try our best to give him a life that we could never have. We will protect each other so the kid doesn't need to worry about losing either of us." 

What Eren was saying meant so much to me. I whispered," So you're okay with it?" He nodded. He asked me how far along I was. I said that I was 2 months. My life is amazing right now. Titans all gone, married to the love of my life, living by the seaside and a kid on the way. I couldn't be more happier. And my life cant get worse that what it was. Boy was I wrong.........