Eren...did you leave me?

1 year later. Sasha and Armin got married. Levi proposed to Hange and they got married. Eren and Mikasa are still happy together and Connie and Jean are still single. 

Chapter 16

*Mikasa POV*

I woke up and saw Eren next to me. He was looking at the window and said," Good morning babe."  I smiled and kissed Eren's cheek. Eren seemed to awake to his senses and said," Morning Mikasa. You slept good, didn't you?" I nodded my head. I said," I'm going to Sasha and Hange later." He sat up and said," Okay. I might go out later." I said," Alright." 

I left and when I came back, the front door was left open! I rushed in and and saw an envelope on the kitchen table. I said," This reminds me of long ago, when Eren went to my relative and left me. Oh no! Please tell me Eren didn't leave me again?!" I picked up the letter. I opened it and saw 2 pieces of paper inside and a picture. I looked at the picture. It was a pic of me and Eren in our parents arms when we were babies. I looked at the back, it read:

Mikasa,

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I love you dearly

And I hope you love me to

<3 <3 <3 <3

I picked up the letters. I saw that 1 said," For Mikasa's eyes only." And the other said," For the scouts, also known as my dear friends." I said," Yep, this is exactly like all those years ago. Eren wrote a letter to me and the rest of them." I read the letter. It read:

To my beautiful, amazing, lovely, strong, wife, Mikasa 

I love you dearly but I need to leave. I cannot tell you why. Please forgive me. I may not come back. I knew this would happen sooner or later which is why I've been scared. I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm coming back. No, I know for certain I'm NOT coming back. Please forget about me. Forget that I existed. Forget all about our moments together. Please, I'm begging you. I'm going to die soon. Might be next month or the month after. I don't want to die by your side. I don't want to see you cry. Even though you might be crying now.

I stopped reading and felt my eyes. There were tears coming from my eyes. I continued reading:

Let me guess, you just felt your eyes, didn't you. Hah! Typical Mikasa. Damn, I love this women that's reading this! Please, I'm begging you. As much as I wanna come back and kiss you deeply. I wanna hold you 1 more time. I wanna be in your arms again. I wanna see you smile. I wanna see you brighten my life again with just a simple word or smile. No matter what, I'll always love you. Even if I die, I'll stay by your side and wrap your scarf around you.

From: Your Forgotten Husband, Eren.

I started crying. I fell on the ground, crying hard. I looked at the back of the letter and saw directions! I didn't know where it would go to. I left and followed the directions. I didn't tell anyone about where I was going. I left, knocking it was a bad idea not telling anyone, but I didn't care. I rushed over to the end of the directions. I saw a man standing in the middle of a field. I looked at him. I heard him scream," UGH, THIS ISN'T FAIR! EVERYONE GETS TO BE HAPPY EXCEPT MIKASA AND I! WHY DOES MY LIFE HAS TO BE LIKE THIS?! ARMIN AND SASHA GETS TO BE HAPPY! LEVI AND HANGE GET TO BE HAPPY! ALL I WANT TO DO IS MAKE MIKASA HAPPY! WHY IS THIS SO HARD! ALL BECAUSE OF MY FATE! F POSSIBLE, I WOULD STAY WITH MIKASA FOR OUR ENTIRE LIFE! UGHHHH!"I realized that this man was Eren. He continued screaming," MIKASA! WHY DID I HAVE TO SAVE YOU! IF I DIDN'T, THEN I WOULDN'T FEEL LIKE THIS NOW!" He lowered his voice," But I don't regret it, it was amazing being with you......" He then started screaming again,".......UGH MIKASA! THIS IS ALL BECAUSE YOU'RE SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL, AND KIND, AND CUTE! I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW!" I quietly ran up to Eren. I grabbed him tighter than I meant to. I said," Eren, please stop shouting! We can still be together, no matter what! We can still be happy like Armin and Sasha! Please!" Eren stayed still. I started crying. Please Eren, stay with me! Don't leave me!" Eren didn't turn to hug me like he usually did. Instead, he got out of my grasp and looked at me. He looked really angry. He said," Mikasa! Why are you here?! I thought I was specific in that letter I gave you! Why did you come! I told you to forget about me! And also, how did you find me?!" I said," I found directions on the back of your letter. I thought you wanted me to follow it?" Eren said," I didn't put any directions on the back." Suddenly, I saw someone ran up to us. It was Ren! He said," It was me Eren. I put directions on the back of the letter. I saw your door open and heard you read what you were reading. I heard you say where you were going, so I wrote directions on the back of the letter. Eren said," Ren, why did you do that?! If you heard what I was reading, then why did you do that?!" Ren walked up to Eren and said," Listen here, Eren, Shut up! If you love Mikasa, then why are you doing this?! Do you know how much this hurts Mikasa?!" Eren looked at me. He had a sad look and asked," Does it? Does this make you upset?" I nodded my head. I said," Eren,  I'm tired. Can we please go home? I don't want to be out here anymore. I want to be in our warm bed, lying by your side, in your arms. Feeling you holding me tightly. Please, can we go back to how we were before?" Eren smiled slightly and said," Sure, if you want to go home, we can go home." I got super happy inside but didn't show it. I kept a straight face and said," Yeah!" We left and went home. I snuggled in Eren's arms when we got into bed. This was nice. I really liked this. There was something about being in Eren's arms that comforted me so much.