✿ chapter 3.

Chapter 3: Saving the kids

You and Hyun su all the necessary items that you needed. Hyun su had taped the knife he had earlier to the broomstick he also had earlier. You grabbed your sword. The man with the gun also said that if you call a random number and put your earbuds in if you hear beeping if a monster is around you. Then y'all opened the door and walked out. You walked two apartments down to the guys apartment. And walked inside.

Removing your ear bud, you noticed a man inside. "I'm Han Du-Sik . And you are?" He said sitting behind a table. "Y/n , y/n l/n " you said bowing.

Hyun su gulped. "Cha Hyun su" he replied. Bowing as well.

"A slow speaker" he said teasing Hyun su.

"How? Can we save the kids" Hyun su said firm. He really did want to help.

"What do you mean how? You'll have to go. " The man said . He come out from behind the table in a wheel chair. "Should I go" the man said. Hyun su looked shocked. You laughed at him.

"I used to be a legend in cheonggyecheon . You know how you can get a tank made their if you had a blue print? " The man said. "That means I can transfer your weapons into something more useful" the man chuckled. "Give me your weapons" .

You handed him your sword. Hyun su stood their. Elbowing him, he handed the man his spear. The man went to work doing his on thing on your weapons. He turned Hyun Su's spear into an electric one. It could electrocute anything if you turned the switch on. And he turned your sword into a fire sword. It wasn't powerful enough to fry a minster completely  but enough it slow it and hurt it. If you flipped a switch the the blade would light on fire.

"Can I kill them with this?" Hyun su said taking his new weapon.

"No, you can't"

"How do you know?".

"I just do. Avoid them at all costs. If you come across one. Run for your life. No. Don't get caught in the first place" the man said.

"Then please lend me your canon" Hyun su pointed at the man's crutch gun. He had hand made it himself.

"No, it isn't stable, so it can fire only a few shots. I'll fire again if a monster breaks in. And the last shot. Is for me. " He pointed at himself. "So I can go easy".

You and Hyun su grabbing your things and walked out  being aware of your surroundings. You watched every step you took. Then you heard a buzzing beeping noise in the ear bud. But didn't say anything because you could get caught.

Pointing to another hallway,  Hyun su nodded and yall headed to it. You heard a monster and ran into a broken elevator. The door was half shut. Only enough room for you and Hyun su to get into. And y'all heard the monster walk by. The two of you looked at each other panicked. And the lights went out.

Their was rotting fish in an open container sitting in the middle of the elevator. It left a horrid smell through the dark So you and Hyun su had to cover your nose. When you tried to get out the monster peaked it's head in. Falling to the floor as quiet as possible trying, you tried to not make noise. It was the one from earlier that had half a head. It shot it's hand forward into the rotten fish container. 'monsters are crazy ' you thought.

"I found you" the monster said. Hyun su looked at you and nodded. Y'all jabbed your weapons into the monster flipping on the switches. The monster started screeching and y'all stepped out of the elevator. Then switched the weapons off and ran.

"Don't run" the monster said. You ran through a hallway when the monster shot his hand everywhere like a branch from a tree. It slightly missed you and Hyun su.

Now laying on the floor side by side. The monster retracted his hand. "Where are you" it groaned. You and Hyun su looked at each other worried. But he looked at at couple of bouncy balls on the floor. He gave you one and y'all through them at the same time.

They bounced off the walls and the pipes on the roof and the floor causing the monsters to get confused. Y'all ran it behind it and jabbed it with your weapons and turned on the switches. The monster screeched and cried as it's insides where being burned in electrocuted. The monster fell to the floor unconscious.

"You ok?" You asked Hyun su. He nodded. "Are you?". "Yes". Y'all ran down more hallways and down stairs.

You and Hyun su reach the rooms with the kids were in and knocked on the door.

"Kids, we are here to save you" Hyun su said.

The kids opened the door and talked walked in shut and locked the door. And sat the kids on the bed.

"Sir, please save our dad" the little boy said to Hyun su. "He fell down"

"I know" Hyun su said looking down.

"Maybe he is still---"

"Nobody can survive a fall from the 12th floor" you said wanted to be honest. Making them have more hope would ruin them when they found the truth..

Hyun su looked at you. The kids started to cry. "Their is a man on the 14th floor with a lot of food. You're hungry aren't you?" Hyun su said.

"Yes" the kids answered now feeling hopeless.

"And you won't stay here by yourself will you?" You asked.

They shook their head no. "We need to go into the Halls where there are monsters running wild" Hyun su said looking down. "Are you ready?"

"How old are you guys?" You asked.

"I'm nine years old and my brother is six" the little girl said. That broke your heart.

"Those are the perfect ages for fighting monsters" Hyun su smiled.

You blushed and looked away. "Don't worry little ones, we will protect you" you said looking at the kids.