Episode 4: School Life

"Russel Thrush, Cardin Winchester, Dove Bronzewig, Sky Lark. The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL. Led by, Cardin Winchester." Ozpin finishes his speech and then, followed by a round of applause.

"Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Pyrrah Nikos, Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as, Team JNPR. Led by Jaune Arc."

"Whoa, Jaune Arc got the position of a leader of his team." Lupin was amazed awhile caressing his chin.

I smiled. "Interesting."

"Huh? Led by?" Jaune was confused.

"Congratulations young man." Ozpin sounds satisfied.

They got off the stage afterwards.

"Blake Belladonna, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee and Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by, Ruby Rose."

"I'm so proud of you." Yang hugged Ruby. She was happy about her achievement.

"And Ruby too huh? Very interesting." I said.

"And lastly, Lupin Fulgaras and Theo Bloodmoon. Both of you retrieved the black knight pieces. From this day forward you will work together as Team TL(Teal). Led by, Theo Bloodmoon. It's rare for us to get a team that's composed of 2 members. Congratulations."

"Thank you sir." I bowed my head.

"You're the leader eh? As expected, you're a nerd so it's perfect for you." Lupin placed his hand on my shoulder while joking around.

"Hey, I'm not a nerd." I said as I chuckled.

"Looks like things are shaking up to be an interesting year." Says Ozpin.

Then, we were greeted by a round of applause.

After the event, we were led to our respective rooms. We unpacked our things and then, we rested for the whole day.

* * *

It was already morning. I wake up early and brew some coffee.

It was still 6:30 in the morning, Lupin is still sleeping. He's snoring, he must be pretty tired from yesterday.

After that, I do some stretching and went out of my room.

I head over to the balcony outside our room to get some fresh air while drinking my coffee.

"You're an early riser huh?" I heard a voice behind me.

I turn around and saw Professor Ozpin approaching me

"Oh, good morning Professor Ozpin. Do you need something?" I asked him.

"Yes, I'd like to ask you about yourself before you came here to Beacon, if that's okay."

"Oh, that. Sure." I took a sip of my coffee mug. I know it was his way to say he's killing time but, I'll gladly take his offer. It's lonely after all.

While we were busy talking, Ruby, Yang and Blake passed behind us. They saw us and hid on a nearby wall to eavesdrop.

"Hmmm, where shall I start?" I said before starting.

"For starters, Lupin and I are childhood friends. We were raised in a small village out in the mountains where faunus and humans live together in harmony. We were trained by our parents about being a huntsman so, that's the main reason why we wanted to become one. We also wanted to become one because of the stories you know? Me and Lupin unlocked our semblance early so, we were considered as talented youths in the village. It was a fun and peaceful childhood...until they showed up."