Episode 21: Civil War 1

We returned to our base shortly after we rescued Zeratul. The marines were with us, inside their own personal dropship.

I explained everything to Zeratul. Starting from our Planet, Remnant up to the part where Lupin and I were sucked by an unknown portal.

He agreed to help us return to Remnant, in exchange for more information by staying at our planet for as long as he likes. He mentioned something about searching the "truth."

To be honest, I don't think that "something" he seeks is located on our planet though. But well, there's no harm in trying.

I agreed on the condition that he must keep himself hidden from plain sight. It'll be bad if the whole Kingdom knows of their existence anyway. We already have Grimms to worry about.

And I don't think I like the idea of Zerg invading our Planet for no actual reason. I prefer dealing with Grimms than these infested creatures.

* * *

We finally arrived at our base. Artanis, Lupin and Raynor were waiting for us to return.

It seems that Raynor saw Duke's forces from a safe distance but he never revealed himself.

It was a wise move. It'll be bad if that man named...Arcturus was it? Knows about his location.

I told Raynor about the marines that I brought back with me. I also informed him about the deal I made with them.

Surprisingly, he agreed immediately. In fact, he was thankful we saved these men from the claws of the Zerg. Looks like he knew that they were in fact, abandoned by their superiors.

As for our base here, there were no major attacks from the Zerg. Everything has been under control thanks to their efforts.

* * *

There was no time to relax. We immediately set out to Aiur where their homeworld is located.

And then, as we closed in to Aiur, we received a transmission from a random individual.

I was gazing in space while Lupin conversed with Raynor to kill some time. Artanis was in the transmission room together with Tassadar.

The notification about the incoming call echoed around the room which caught our attention.

We turned around to see who this induvidual is.

Who is he? I say in my mind.

"Greetings Executor. And greetings to you, Tassadar. I am overjoyed to see you both return home in this dark hour. The Zerg have redoubled their efforts, and it seems-"

Just before the Protoss on the screen finished, Tassadar interjected which caught me by surprise.

"Fenix?" Says Tassadar.

That's Fenix!? I was surprised. I never thought that the one they regarded as their friend is still alive and well.

"It can't be! The Executor told me of how you fell before the Zerg. How is it that you still live and breathe?" Says Tassadar.

Fenix answered him. "Hah hah... Well, after my unfortunate defeat, my ruined body was recovered by our brethren. I now reside within the cold, robotic shell of a Dragoon."

I see. I say in my mind.

Lupin placed his arm on my shoulders. "Looks like he's still alive eh?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

Tassadar sighed in relief. "Old friend-would that this never came to pass..."