Episode 10: Recuperation

It's been 2 weeks since that incident happened. I spend my time in the infirmary alone most of the time.

RWBY, JNPR, Sun, Lupin and Velvet would visit me occasionally when they have time.

At some point, staying in one area seems a bit boring so, I spend my time playing video games or watching the news for any updates.

Lupin and Weiss were slowly getting used to each other thanks to Ruby. They've been given missions to finish as a team. Lupin would go together with Team RWBY to repair their bonds and win their trust again.

Sun and Lupin are best buds now. Probably because they're both faunus but, they're now close. Sun was cool with Lupin since he can somehow understand his problem.

Velvet on the other hand, would visit me alone and spend the time when dusk comes.

She's more open unlike before. Her sudden change of attitude surprised me. I never knew she'd be that laid back when talking to friends she's close to.

She takes pictures of people's weapons though and explained that it's her semblance. I told her if she would like to take mine as well, she was happy and took a picture of my weapon.

The rest of her teamates can't really come since they're always busy with some things. It's still break after all, they went out to have some fun by themselves too.

They tried inviting her but, Velvet politely refused. She wishes to take care of me. Her teamates wished her luck for that.

But I have no way of knowing all that since she didn't tell me.

Jaune and his team would stop by to bring some food. They'd talk about their experience in their missions once in a while.

After resting for 2 weeks, I am now fully healed. Prof. Ozpin told me to take things easy because it's been a while since I got into action.

* * *

It was already 9:00 in the morning. I rose up and cleaned my bed.

"It feels good to be moving again." I said as I stretched my arm and body. I prepare myself and went to our dorm room.

Lupin wasn't there. "He's probably with them. How are they doing lately?" I said. I took a bath and went out of my room.

Ruby and the others were also missing from their rooms.

"Must be a mission." I chuckled. "So lucky! I want to go on one too!" I raised my voice since no one was in the area.

I was whining and acted like a kid since I've always been serious all this time. I need a little break from being the straight man all the time too you know?

I heard a noise behind me. It was as if a girl just giggled at my performance. I turned around, but I saw nothing but red rose petals.

"Must have been the wind." I said. "In any case, I need to train my body again."

I head to the cafeteria to eat breakfast. Although it's a little late, but I'm still going to eat one.

I find the atmosphere strange all of a sudden. It's like...nobody's even around. It's too quiet.

Maybe this is what happens when break starts. Everyone goes on missions, some go back to spend time with their family and some remain in school.

I feel comfortable. I breathed in and out as I feel my surroundings.

I closed my eyes and then, I just heard the door closing. I opened my eyes to see who it is.

"Hmmm at least they're still here. I guess I'll eat breakfast and train my body again." I said. I saw no one so it's probably the school staff.