Episode 34: Moving on

We found a village to rest for a while. While there, Jaune wanted to upgrade his new gears since he wants to 'get better and stronger' with it. Well, I have nothing to worry about since Pyrrah is basically there to train him personally.

Everyone was asleep since it's already night time. I'm out here in the woods to get some fresh air since I can't really fall asleep.

And with Ruby as my company since she's in the same boat as me.

I'm currently leaning against the tree with Ruby...pestering me once again with questions about our time in outer space.

I sigh. "You really are a bundle of energy huh?"

Ruby smiled. "Well, it's not everyday you get to hear stories about actual aliens and stuff. Of course I'd be interested."

But I recently realized something. Maybe she's doing this to distract herself from her worries. She's been asking me a lot of questions lately whenever she has that sad face.

"Hey Ruby."

She sits down near me. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay? You kinda look down these days." I ask.

She tensed up for a moment and then, she forced a smile. "What're you talking about? Of course I'm fine."

I close my eyes. That face she made just now. I guess I was right.

"You can always talk to me about it if you want to you know? Worried about Yang and the others?" I say as I casually throw a rock in front of me.

She took a deep breath and sighed. "I guess I can never hide things from you huh?"

"If you don't want to, it's fine. But if you really need someone to talk to, I'm always here." I look up at the dark sky as I said that.

She slightly blushed and chuckled. "Always playing the cool man card huh Theo?"

I chuckle. "Hey, it's not like I get to do this every single day you know?"

Ruby leaned against the tree and gets closer to me. "Well, you're right."

She curled up and embraced her knees. She sighs. "I feel powerless. I can't even help them and if it weren't for you, Pyrrah would've been killed. And I would probably fall into despair for losing one of my friends again. Yang lost her arm and Blake probably blames herself for the actions of the White Fang. Weiss...is never going to show up again."

I close my eyes in silence while listening to her.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just...I can't stop worrying about them." She shivered.

She silently sobs and hid her face on her knees.

"You worry too much. Mind if I say something?" I said.

She sniffs and looks to me. "What?" She said.

"These things always happen. Yang needs to break out of her shell and grow in order to become stronger. Blake is trying to figure out how to stop the White Fang on her own. And Weiss...she's probably thinking the same thing as you. She misses her time spent with you guys since she's all alone in her house. Maybe they're trying to solve their own problems first before they return to you, their leader. Of course, this is merely my own speculation." I said as I look down on the ground.

A soft breeze blows over us, waving the trees and its surroundings. I place my arm on my knee as I look over to her.

I gently smile. "Don't worry Ruby. You've done everything you can. Blake opened up to you about her problems and even revealed her origins. Weiss considered you as her friend and Yang...well, she's proud to have you as her sister. She just needs time to get herself together. And if you can't handle it anymore, I'll be there to help you out if I can alright? I'll be your shoulder to cry on if you need one."