Chapter 22- Happiness Doesn't Last Forever

The past couple of days, the trio had moved into their new apartment in the upper ring.

Nico entered the room with a yawn. "What's that smell?" She asks.

"It's jook. I'm sure you wouldn't like it." Iroh responds.

Nico peers over the stove to see Iroh steering a pasty white soup, she almost gags from the smell and the look of it.

Zuko walks into the kitchen and asks the same question. He then walked over to the soup and smelt it.

"Actually, it smells delicious. I'd love a bowl, Uncle."

Nico made a face.

"Now that your fever is gone, you seem different somehow." Iroh points out.

"It's a new day," Zuko slightly chuckles. "We've got a new apartment, new furniture, and today's the grand opening of your new tea shop. Things are looking up, Uncle."

Nico smiled at her boyfriend.

"What are you smiling at?" Zuko laughs.

"You silly, you're just so darn cute." Nico kissed Zuko's cheek.

"I could say the same to you." Zuko says, giving Nico a kiss on the head.

"I like your natural hair, keep it like that."

Nico smiled.

❆ ❆ ❆

That afternoon, Nico, Zuko and Iroh stood proudly at the customers arriving at the Jasmine Dragon.

Zuko had his arm around Nico's shoulder.

"Who thought when we came to this city as refugees, that I'd end up owning my own tea shop. Follow your passion and life will reward you."

"Congratulations, Uncle." Zuko said.

Nico smiled. "I decorated this place by the way."

"She did," Iroh smiled. "I'm very thankful."

"You deserve it." Zuko smiled.

Nico wasn't going to lie, she loved this new and improved Zuko, but he was starting to creep her out just a tad, even she herself was never this joyful. Maybe she'll get used to it.

"The Jasmine Dragon will be the best tea shop in the city."

"No," Iroh responded to Zuko. "I'm thankful because you and Nico decided to share this special day with me. It means more than you know."

Nico hugged Iroh as Zuko joined in on the hug.

"Now let's make these peoples some tea." Zuko said.

Nico sucked her teeth. "You mean Iroh make these people some tea and you and I serve it, right?"

Zuko playfully rolled his eyes. "You know what I meant."

By a few hours the tea shop was packed and Nico was exhausted.

"Table for two, please." Nico heard a voice say, her ear twitched. That voice sounded very familiar.