Chapter 8

"I have done more for you than anyone will ever know!" He roared. He began to pace rapidly. "You all are ungrateful!"

"Kyle." Aston warned. "You've been pushing it for awhile now. Today was the final straw." Kyle was blinded with rage.

"So what? Everyone decided to go against the alpha?!" He screamed.

"No Kyle!" Aston pleaded. "We have been patient with you for a very long time."

"I just lost my mate!"

"Ten years ago!" Astor exclaimed. He knew the pain still ran deep, but this decade had been nothing but an uphill battle.

"And you're all wanting to exile me?!" Kyle snarled. He could tell how close he was to turning.

"Because you've attacked us!" Aston cried.

"You provoked me!"

"And those little girls?" He said angrily. He hated it, but the pack was right.

"They talked about my mate!"

"She's not your mate!" Aston snarled.

"She's mine!"

"Everyone stood witness. You lost the Kat Kai." Aston growled.

"If the Kat Kai was lost then you must forfeit." A voice suddenly said from the kitchen. Luke stood leaning against the archway holding a glass of scotch.

"Luke?" Aston asked. He was the last person he expected to see.

"Sup." He greeted cockily.

"What are you doing here?" Aston asked.

"After our little chat earlier I thought it would be best if I stick around." Luke said casually.

"Leave! You do not belong!" Kyle snarled.

"Apparently neither do you." He countered.

"I'm the alpha."

"No you're not." Luke rolled his eyes.

"Yes I am!"

"When an alpha looses against a beta, the beta becomes alpha." Luke argued. Aston could tell that he was quickly becoming bored of the conversation.

"Bullshit!"

"This is your way. I may not be a king anymore but I still hold power." He took another sip, but kept his eye on Kyle.

"Not here." Kyle snarled.

"You have two choices, Kyle." Luke said, setting the glass on the nearby end table. "Leave of your own accord, or be killed by the entire pack, and an old vampire king. Either way, you are stripped of your title as alpha."

Luke's eyes began to glow red, he was getting himself ready for a fight. Kyle growled, but as he looked around he saw the rest of the pack growling back at him, arching for battle. He looked to Aston, who also had turned his back on him.

He knew he was outnumbered. He had no choice. He turned out the door and shifted, running off into the forest.

"You realize that probably set him off." Luke said, closing the door.

"It would've happened sooner or later." Aston sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"Well, as former vampire king," Luke said, placing his hand on Astons shoulder. "I hereby stand witness. You are now the Alpha of the Osage Pack."