Chapter 20

The night was beginning to draw to a close as the pair dug into their meals. There sat an uncomfortable silence in the air as most knew the reason for the feast was not a happy one.

Many of the pack's questions had remained unanswered, and they all sat expectantly for Aston to answer them. It wasn't often that they were graced a visit from their higher up, and it seemed that despite their resentment for their ignorance, they were happy to finally meet them together. They gleefully greeted their new Luna, excited to learn everything they could about her.

Few were offended that she remained in her wolf form, but they swiftly explained that it was better in the long run to remain in their form. When pressed as to the reasons why, everyone was told that the answers would come later tonight. A few others such as Red, Max and Kelly al agreed to shift and sleep out under the stars with them. Soon enough more and more followed, creating a sense of unease among the other creatures. What mumblings there were, were quickly silenced by the cough that echoed throughout the whole pack. It was the alpha, who now stood next to his Luna, who broke the residual silence.

"Today as I am sure a day many of you have longed for more answers that can be given." He said. He spoke slowly, so that the deltas would be able to repeat what he said, for those too far away to hear. Those close by only leaned in forward as they caught the grief of their stricken leader.

"And I'm sure many answers will come now." Amelia added, supporting Aston.

"As I'm sure you've heard, the spirits of the forest have barricaded us inside these walls." Aston continued. "Do not fear. So long as you do not leave, and try to return, or attack them they will do us no harm. The elves, vampires and fairies have joined us here today to form a peace treaty much like the one we had back home." He paused for a moment, he couldn't hide how homesick he was. They'd spent most of their lives in the area, only to be forced into retreat when the humans began to suspect something.

"So long as we have each other," Amelia said. "We are home. Do not fret about the others, they will do no harm." Aston seemed to remember his voice.

"We will protect you." Aston said. "As will they. From here on, we all work together, and no one goes alone. I have spoken to the elders, the fairies agree to help grow food, the elves will help in the hospitals, and the vampires will help to guard us from any unseen threat."

"But won't the spirits protect us?" A voice called out from the distance.

"They cannot protect us from what lies inside." Aston said. "I know there will be some who do not agree with what we have been forced into, but I must ask that you have faith."

"We have decided to start schooling those who have not graduated, this is open to college students as well." Amelia said.

"And all pack members are permitted to listen in on Luke William's classes on mythology, I feel this will best answer your questions about the forces that are here." Aston said, eying the deltas. "He will be starting tomorrow morning at 8am in this same spot. We ask that you mark you or your child's name in the roster in the pack house if you wish to attend. That is all."

"If you have any questions please feel free to ask the deltas, or other leaders." Amelia quickly added. Aston eyed her as the conversations resumed.

"Do you think that was a good idea?" He asked.

"It is the easiest way to keep the peace." She said, laying back down. He joined her.

"I fear that this is the beginning." He whispered. Amelia nuzzled her head into Aston, trying to comfort him. Her mind was lost in an endless maze of emotions, she knew she was falling hard for him, but she also knew that he was changing.

Will I change too? She asked herself. Can I even change?

She was brought out of her trance by Bolin and Luke who were both shirtless. Luke was playfully licking Bolins chest, receiving stares from everyone. Amelia coughed, getting their attention.

"There's a bedroom in the pack house, top of the stairs, first door on the left." She smiled. Luke grinned while Bolin was furiously blushing. He dragged Bolin up, racing back into the pack house.

Aston grinned like a Cheshire Cat. "You know no one here actually cares about that right?" He chuckled. "We all do it."

"Bolin looked like he was dying of embarrassment." Amelia chuckled. "And the elves looked appalled."

Aston pulled her tail. "Perhaps we can enjoy some of that as well?"