Sixteen

I looked at the door as someone knocked then I went over and opened it, smiling as I saw Noctis there.

"Hey, big sis." He smiled and I nodded.

"Come in." I shut the door behind him then got some tea going, sitting in the living space with him.

"Nyx called me." He finally said and I nodded.

"About my visions today." I said and he nodded.

"He says you didn't tell-"

"I saw our wedding, Noctis!" I breathed and beamed as I looked at my brother.

"We-we were getting married in the Festival Square and Ignis was there, you and dad were there, everyone was there and all of the immigrants were there and-"

"You were just so excited-"

"And confused!" I laughed then sipped my tea, setting the mug down.

"Do you know what it's like to see death and destruction of your home, the death of a man you love, and then to see your wedding with him?!" I breathed and grabbed his hands.

"Noctis, I saw my wedding with Nyx! And it-it was Galahdian! We were having a Galahdian wedding in the Festival Square of the Immigrant District!" I excitedly told him and he smiled.

"I'm happy for you, Atalie-"

"But Nyx hasn't proposed yet, Noct!" I complained and Noctis smiled.

"Did you two look any older than you are now?" I shook my head and he nodded.

"Then he's going to propose soon and you'll have your immigrant Galahdian wedding in the Festival Square and you'll kick the asses of all the pompous assholes here." He said and I smiled as I hugged my brother's neck. Right then, Nyx walked in and I smiled as I stood to greet him.

"Welcome home. Thought you were going to be late." I said as I kissed his cheek, but he smiled softly.

"I was worried about you, so Crowe and Libertus took the remaining work. Are you okay?"

"She had a vision about her future. Apparently she has ten kids." Noctis said and patted Nyx's shoulder as he left.

"Wait, seriously?!" Nyx asked, eyeing me with wide eyes, but I shook my head.

"It's nothing to worry about, just something good." I said and hugged his neck as he held my waist.

"Are you really okay, Atalie? You worried me." He said, but I smiled and pulled his captain's coat off of him.

"I'm fine, Nyx. Now, let's go to bed. I've got a lot of work to do in the morning-"

"Wait, just a second!" I looked at Nyx then he cleared his throat, going to his desk. As he came back towards me, he held a velvet ring box.

"Nyx, what-"

"Isn't it obvious?" He breathed, obviously nervous. I smiled, realizing my brother was right, then opened the box and stared at the ring.

"It's uh-"

"Made in Galahd fashion." I breathed, grabbing the ring that resembled the traditional rings of his homeland.

"Do you like it?" He asked as I slid the ring on and I looked at him then smiled.

"I love it, I love you, and yes, I will marry you!" I smiled then hugged his neck as he hugged my waist tightly.

"Gods above, I was so nervous!" He laughed as he relaxed against me.

"No need, darling. Now, can we please go to bed?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, we can." He laughed then we went to bed.

~*-*~

"Let me see!" I showed Vikki and Crowe then they gushed over the ring.

"It's so beautiful! When's the wedding?!" Vikki asked and I smiled as I got a flash image of the wedding again.

"We've already begun planning. Nyx doesn't want to wait, and frankly, I don't want to either." I said and they grinned.

"I'm sure your dad is having it in the throne room-"

"Actually, Crowe, I was thinking of having it here in the Festival Square." I said and the women looked shocked.

"O-oh, uh, not that we're complaining-"

"But why?" Vikki cut off Crowe and I shrugged.

"Well, this district is my home now, and I never really felt happy inside the Citadel. Besides, it'll be about summer time when we get married, so I want to enjoy the outdoors." I said and they nodded.

"Then a wedding in the Festival Square!" I grinned and we kept drawing up plans for the wedding, but I was trying to get it as close to my vision as possible. The sketches I kept drawing were quite helpful in ensuring that. As we worked to design the wedding, I was also working and organizing the newest expenses of the district.

"Hello." I looked up and smiled as I saw a new recruit come in.

"Hi, darling."

"I-I have a report from Captain Ulric, Princess-"

"Please, call me 'Atalie'. What is it, hun?" I asked and she smiled as she stood there.

"There-there was a fight inside the Glaive training room in the school, Squad Leaders Libertus and Crowe broke it up without problem. In addition, the king has requested you visit the Caelum Via for the celebration of your engagement." She said and I nodded.

"Thank you, inform the king I will be there with Nyx. Also, tell him to go easy on the students who fought, they're just children." I said and she nodded, turning and leaving as I continued my paperwork.

"Atalie." I smiled as he softly kissed my head then he rubbed my shoulders, looking at the papers I was working on.

"Darling, it's late-"

"I have to finish this so the school can have it's cultural festival-"

"And we have an engagement party in three days, you need to sleep so you can find a dress." He said, but I looked up at Nyx and shook my head.

"Crowe and Vikki are finding my dress. Vikki is my size-"

"You're missing my very obvious point, Atalie! You need to sleep!" He laughed and I sighed.

"I understand that, but I have-"

"Do that work once you're rested and relaxed." He said and forced my pen out of my hand, making me stand.

"Please, for the love of the Astrals, go to bed with me!" He laughed and I sighed as I grabbed my things and we left, going home together.